3DS has under-whelming launch weekend
The stellar launch sales seen in Japan for the 3DS don't seem to have translated to the UK yet.
Despite 140,000 pre-orders and estimated sales of between 150,000 and 200,000, the 3DS only managed to shift 113,000 units over its first weekend.
This is not to say that the 3DS launch was bad. 113,000 units is 23,000 more than the Dsi sold in it's debut weekend and 7,000 more than the Wii managed so it has been Nintendo's most successful launch to date.
The UK has also seen a major price war between the high street and the supermarkets with the 3DS selling for 175 GBP in some outlets, which is lower than the trade price for the handset.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light