3DS has under-whelming launch weekend
The stellar launch sales seen in Japan for the 3DS don't seem to have translated to the UK yet.
Despite 140,000 pre-orders and estimated sales of between 150,000 and 200,000, the 3DS only managed to shift 113,000 units over its first weekend.
This is not to say that the 3DS launch was bad. 113,000 units is 23,000 more than the Dsi sold in it's debut weekend and 7,000 more than the Wii managed so it has been Nintendo's most successful launch to date.
The UK has also seen a major price war between the high street and the supermarkets with the 3DS selling for 175 GBP in some outlets, which is lower than the trade price for the handset.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III