3DS has under-whelming launch weekend
The stellar launch sales seen in Japan for the 3DS don't seem to have translated to the UK yet.
Despite 140,000 pre-orders and estimated sales of between 150,000 and 200,000, the 3DS only managed to shift 113,000 units over its first weekend.
This is not to say that the 3DS launch was bad. 113,000 units is 23,000 more than the Dsi sold in it's debut weekend and 7,000 more than the Wii managed so it has been Nintendo's most successful launch to date.
The UK has also seen a major price war between the high street and the supermarkets with the 3DS selling for 175 GBP in some outlets, which is lower than the trade price for the handset.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year