3DS has under-whelming launch weekend
The stellar launch sales seen in Japan for the 3DS don't seem to have translated to the UK yet.
Despite 140,000 pre-orders and estimated sales of between 150,000 and 200,000, the 3DS only managed to shift 113,000 units over its first weekend.
This is not to say that the 3DS launch was bad. 113,000 units is 23,000 more than the Dsi sold in it's debut weekend and 7,000 more than the Wii managed so it has been Nintendo's most successful launch to date.
The UK has also seen a major price war between the high street and the supermarkets with the 3DS selling for 175 GBP in some outlets, which is lower than the trade price for the handset.
- The Behemoth teases their fourth game, it will be playable at PAX Prime
- Sins Of A Solar Empire devs Ironclad successfully defends their use word Rebellion in one of their game titles
- Just Cause devs Avalanche have some surprises planned for 2015
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham gets a new Braniac trailer
- Sledgehammer boss confirms no Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare for Wii U
- Xbox One getting a Reddit app
- Konami releases a hat-trick of new screens for PES 2015
- 500GB hard drive coming for the Xbox 360 soon
- Watch the standard edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt unboxed in 18 seconds flat