3DS has under-whelming launch weekend
The stellar launch sales seen in Japan for the 3DS don't seem to have translated to the UK yet.
Despite 140,000 pre-orders and estimated sales of between 150,000 and 200,000, the 3DS only managed to shift 113,000 units over its first weekend.
This is not to say that the 3DS launch was bad. 113,000 units is 23,000 more than the Dsi sold in it's debut weekend and 7,000 more than the Wii managed so it has been Nintendo's most successful launch to date.
The UK has also seen a major price war between the high street and the supermarkets with the 3DS selling for 175 GBP in some outlets, which is lower than the trade price for the handset.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter