Nintendo: 3D is not for home consoles
Nintendo has all but ruled out supporting 3D in the successor to the Wii.
Reggie Fils-Aime, boss of Nintendo of America emphasised their next generation of home console would not feature 3D.
Fils-Aime explained to CNN: "Glasses-free is a big deal. We've not said publicly what the next thing for us will be in the home console space, but based on what we've learned on 3D, likely, that won't be it."
Hideki Konno expanded on Nintendo's position on 3D adding: "I think at Nintendo, we realise that any sort of goggle-type 3D technology was not going to work. In order to make 3D technology viable with video games, we thought we needed to have glasses-free 3D."
- Watch Us Play.tm: Metro Redux
- Capcom suing Koei Tecmo for a lot of patent infringement
- New fighters and gameply features come in with EA Sports UFC's second free update
- NHL 15 demo faces off on PS4 and Xbox One
- Chair bringing the Infinity Blade saga to a close next week
- Watchmen and Dexter actors provide the voices for The Evil Within
- Square Enix apologises over confusion surrounding the Rise Of The Tomb Raider announcement
- Antitrust issues caused Google to back out of buying Twitch
- Metro Redux launch trailer arrives as the collection launches in North America