LA Noire gets Official Selection at the Tribeca Film Festival
Rockstar's next big title, LA Noire has become the first video game to be honoured as an Official Selection at New York's Tribeca Film Fesitval.
As part of the festival, Rockstar will host an exclusive screening of the game followed by a Q and A session on the crossover between games development and film-making moderated by CCO of Tribeca Enterprises, Geoff Gilmore.
Gilmore said: "What Rockstar and Team Bondi have accomplished with L.A. Noire is nothing less than groundbreaking. It's an invention of a new realm of storytelling that is part cinema, part gaming, and a whole new realm of narrative expression, interactivity, and immersion. We are poised on the edge of a new frontier."
Rockstar's Sam Houser said: "We're thrilled that L.A. Noire is being recognized by the Tribeca Film Festival in this way. It's a real honor, and another step forward for interactive entertainment."
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015