LA Noire gets Official Selection at the Tribeca Film Festival
Rockstar's next big title, LA Noire has become the first video game to be honoured as an Official Selection at New York's Tribeca Film Fesitval.
As part of the festival, Rockstar will host an exclusive screening of the game followed by a Q and A session on the crossover between games development and film-making moderated by CCO of Tribeca Enterprises, Geoff Gilmore.
Gilmore said: "What Rockstar and Team Bondi have accomplished with L.A. Noire is nothing less than groundbreaking. It's an invention of a new realm of storytelling that is part cinema, part gaming, and a whole new realm of narrative expression, interactivity, and immersion. We are poised on the edge of a new frontier."
Rockstar's Sam Houser said: "We're thrilled that L.A. Noire is being recognized by the Tribeca Film Festival in this way. It's a real honor, and another step forward for interactive entertainment."
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter