LA Noire gets Official Selection at the Tribeca Film Festival
Rockstar's next big title, LA Noire has become the first video game to be honoured as an Official Selection at New York's Tribeca Film Fesitval.
As part of the festival, Rockstar will host an exclusive screening of the game followed by a Q and A session on the crossover between games development and film-making moderated by CCO of Tribeca Enterprises, Geoff Gilmore.
Gilmore said: "What Rockstar and Team Bondi have accomplished with L.A. Noire is nothing less than groundbreaking. It's an invention of a new realm of storytelling that is part cinema, part gaming, and a whole new realm of narrative expression, interactivity, and immersion. We are poised on the edge of a new frontier."
Rockstar's Sam Houser said: "We're thrilled that L.A. Noire is being recognized by the Tribeca Film Festival in this way. It's a real honor, and another step forward for interactive entertainment."
- Possible dates for the Steam Summer Sale appear online
- Rise Of The Tomb Raider on Xbox 360 doesn't appear in Square Enix's financials for this year
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week with new gear and rewards
- Titanfall developers Respawn won't be at E3 this year
- Destiny: Xur's location and stock for May 28th
- Destiny's Trials Of Osiris declared a success, Bungie bans cheaters
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer