LA Noire gets Official Selection at the Tribeca Film Festival
Rockstar's next big title, LA Noire has become the first video game to be honoured as an Official Selection at New York's Tribeca Film Fesitval.
As part of the festival, Rockstar will host an exclusive screening of the game followed by a Q and A session on the crossover between games development and film-making moderated by CCO of Tribeca Enterprises, Geoff Gilmore.
Gilmore said: "What Rockstar and Team Bondi have accomplished with L.A. Noire is nothing less than groundbreaking. It's an invention of a new realm of storytelling that is part cinema, part gaming, and a whole new realm of narrative expression, interactivity, and immersion. We are poised on the edge of a new frontier."
Rockstar's Sam Houser said: "We're thrilled that L.A. Noire is being recognized by the Tribeca Film Festival in this way. It's a real honor, and another step forward for interactive entertainment."
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch