UK culture secretary: No short-term possibilities for industry tax relief
The UK culture, Jeremy Hunt, has made it clear that there will be not possibility of tax relief beyond the R and D package announced in the recent budget.
However, the secretary did state that he might not agree with the government's choice scrap the games industry specific tax relief plan.
Hunt said on the R and D package: "I don't know if that was the right way to go."
He added that the UK must "offer the video game industry a package as financially competitive as Canada."
Thanks The Guardian.
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III
- New Final Fantasy XV trailer unveiled, demo coming next year
- Final Fantasy XIII and its spin-offs coming to the PC
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a release date
- Visceral reveals details of Battlefield: Hardline's Hotwire multiplayer mode and a new gameplay video
- Singapore hotlap video arrives for F1 2014