UK culture secretary: No short-term possibilities for industry tax relief
The UK culture, Jeremy Hunt, has made it clear that there will be not possibility of tax relief beyond the R and D package announced in the recent budget.
However, the secretary did state that he might not agree with the government's choice scrap the games industry specific tax relief plan.
Hunt said on the R and D package: "I don't know if that was the right way to go."
He added that the UK must "offer the video game industry a package as financially competitive as Canada."
Thanks The Guardian.
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May
- Pillars Of Eternity community debating the validity of an in-game trans joke
- Warner Bros teams up with ESL for a programme of pro-Mortal Kombat X tournaments this year
- New Rainbow Six: Siege trailer explains the operator system
- UK headteachers threaten to report parents who let their children play adult-rated games
- Spotify hits the PS4 and PS3 today
- Halo 5: Guardians coming to the Xbox One in October
- The next episode of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's Exo Zombies get s new trailer
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold