UK culture secretary: No short-term possibilities for industry tax relief
The UK culture, Jeremy Hunt, has made it clear that there will be not possibility of tax relief beyond the R and D package announced in the recent budget.
However, the secretary did state that he might not agree with the government's choice scrap the games industry specific tax relief plan.
Hunt said on the R and D package: "I don't know if that was the right way to go."
He added that the UK must "offer the video game industry a package as financially competitive as Canada."
Thanks The Guardian.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey