UK culture secretary: No short-term possibilities for industry tax relief
The UK culture, Jeremy Hunt, has made it clear that there will be not possibility of tax relief beyond the R and D package announced in the recent budget.
However, the secretary did state that he might not agree with the government's choice scrap the games industry specific tax relief plan.
Hunt said on the R and D package: "I don't know if that was the right way to go."
He added that the UK must "offer the video game industry a package as financially competitive as Canada."
Thanks The Guardian.
- Possible dates for the Steam Summer Sale appear online
- Rise Of The Tomb Raider on Xbox 360 doesn't appear in Square Enix's financials for this year
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week with new gear and rewards
- Titanfall developers Respawn won't be at E3 this year
- Destiny: Xur's location and stock for May 28th
- Destiny's Trials Of Osiris declared a success, Bungie bans cheaters
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer