UK culture secretary: No short-term possibilities for industry tax relief
The UK culture, Jeremy Hunt, has made it clear that there will be not possibility of tax relief beyond the R and D package announced in the recent budget.
However, the secretary did state that he might not agree with the government's choice scrap the games industry specific tax relief plan.
Hunt said on the R and D package: "I don't know if that was the right way to go."
He added that the UK must "offer the video game industry a package as financially competitive as Canada."
Thanks The Guardian.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3