Guitar Hero III still strutting its stuff as highest grossing game in the US
The zenith title for the now cancelled Guitar Hero series has beaten its popular Call of Duty stablemates to retain its position as the highest-grossing game in the US.
Guitar Hero III has retained the top spot in NPDs latest chart grossing over 830 million USD. It edged out Call of Duty: Black Ops by almost 43 million USD.
Wii Fit separates Black Ops in second place and Modern Warfare 2 in fourth with just under 75 million USD between the last two Call of Duty titles.
Activision dominated the charts with three Call of Duty titles (MW in 10th, MW2 and Black Ops) and two Guitar Hero games (III and World Tour). Nintendo took a further four places with Wii Fit, Wii Fit Plus, Wii Play and Mario Kart Wii and the final spot was taken by Harmonix Rock Band which held fifth place overall grossing 670 million USD.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year