3DS and iPad 2 launch in the UK today
Nintendo's eagerly anticipated new handheld console, the 3DS has launched in the UK today.
The 3DS launch was lacking in support from Nintendo's key franchises like Mario, Zelda and Kirby. They instead opted to launch three varieties of Nintendogs and Pilotwings Resort as their first-party launch titles.
With launch prices varying between 170 GBP and 220 GBP and hundreds of games stores across the GAME, Gamestation and HMV chains opening at midnight to sell the machine, this has been one of the most hotly-contested hardware launches yet.
To add more spice into the mix Apple also launched their iPad 2 today at 5pm with it only becoming available to pre-order around midnight.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer