3DS and iPad 2 launch in the UK today
Nintendo's eagerly anticipated new handheld console, the 3DS has launched in the UK today.
The 3DS launch was lacking in support from Nintendo's key franchises like Mario, Zelda and Kirby. They instead opted to launch three varieties of Nintendogs and Pilotwings Resort as their first-party launch titles.
With launch prices varying between 170 GBP and 220 GBP and hundreds of games stores across the GAME, Gamestation and HMV chains opening at midnight to sell the machine, this has been one of the most hotly-contested hardware launches yet.
To add more spice into the mix Apple also launched their iPad 2 today at 5pm with it only becoming available to pre-order around midnight.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3