3DS and iPad 2 launch in the UK today
Nintendo's eagerly anticipated new handheld console, the 3DS has launched in the UK today.
The 3DS launch was lacking in support from Nintendo's key franchises like Mario, Zelda and Kirby. They instead opted to launch three varieties of Nintendogs and Pilotwings Resort as their first-party launch titles.
With launch prices varying between 170 GBP and 220 GBP and hundreds of games stores across the GAME, Gamestation and HMV chains opening at midnight to sell the machine, this has been one of the most hotly-contested hardware launches yet.
To add more spice into the mix Apple also launched their iPad 2 today at 5pm with it only becoming available to pre-order around midnight.
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week
- New Heart Of Thorns expansion announced for Guild Wars 2
- Wikipedia arbitration committee bans five feminist editors from commenting on feminist articles over GamerGate
- Ubisoft in the process of deleting game keys fraudulently-acquired by resellers from UPlay
- Gearbox is now recruiting for developers to work on Borderlands 3
- DayZ passes the 3 million sales mark on Steam Early Access
- Planetside 2 sets a new Guinness World Record for the most players in an online FPS game
- Homeworld remasters look stunning, will be released next month
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network