3DS and iPad 2 launch in the UK today
Nintendo's eagerly anticipated new handheld console, the 3DS has launched in the UK today.
The 3DS launch was lacking in support from Nintendo's key franchises like Mario, Zelda and Kirby. They instead opted to launch three varieties of Nintendogs and Pilotwings Resort as their first-party launch titles.
With launch prices varying between 170 GBP and 220 GBP and hundreds of games stores across the GAME, Gamestation and HMV chains opening at midnight to sell the machine, this has been one of the most hotly-contested hardware launches yet.
To add more spice into the mix Apple also launched their iPad 2 today at 5pm with it only becoming available to pre-order around midnight.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year