3DS and iPad 2 launch in the UK today
Nintendo's eagerly anticipated new handheld console, the 3DS has launched in the UK today.
The 3DS launch was lacking in support from Nintendo's key franchises like Mario, Zelda and Kirby. They instead opted to launch three varieties of Nintendogs and Pilotwings Resort as their first-party launch titles.
With launch prices varying between 170 GBP and 220 GBP and hundreds of games stores across the GAME, Gamestation and HMV chains opening at midnight to sell the machine, this has been one of the most hotly-contested hardware launches yet.
To add more spice into the mix Apple also launched their iPad 2 today at 5pm with it only becoming available to pre-order around midnight.
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release