Homefront shifts 1 million copies
THQ has announced that they estimate that their brand new FPS series has sold over one million copies so far.
Homefront made the number one slot in the UK charts in its first weekend and currently stands as the best-selling week-one console game of the year thus far.
President of THQ, Brian Farrell said: "We are very pleased with strong worldwide shipments and sell-through for Homefront, and we continue to fulfill new retail orders for the game across the globe. Homefront is clearly resonating with gamers and we are certainly pleased with our initial sales results."
The new FPS title has been experiencing a few teething troubles with its multiplayer component but THQ are promising that they will have it patched within the next week.
- The Last Team Standing update arrives for GTA Online
- Syndicate spiritual successor Satellite Reign gets a new HD gameplay video
- Last chance to back card-collecting RPG Eminence: Xander's Tales on Kickstarter
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons