Homefront shifts 1 million copies
THQ has announced that they estimate that their brand new FPS series has sold over one million copies so far.
Homefront made the number one slot in the UK charts in its first weekend and currently stands as the best-selling week-one console game of the year thus far.
President of THQ, Brian Farrell said: "We are very pleased with strong worldwide shipments and sell-through for Homefront, and we continue to fulfill new retail orders for the game across the globe. Homefront is clearly resonating with gamers and we are certainly pleased with our initial sales results."
The new FPS title has been experiencing a few teething troubles with its multiplayer component but THQ are promising that they will have it patched within the next week.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title