Homefront shifts 1 million copies
THQ has announced that they estimate that their brand new FPS series has sold over one million copies so far.
Homefront made the number one slot in the UK charts in its first weekend and currently stands as the best-selling week-one console game of the year thus far.
President of THQ, Brian Farrell said: "We are very pleased with strong worldwide shipments and sell-through for Homefront, and we continue to fulfill new retail orders for the game across the globe. Homefront is clearly resonating with gamers and we are certainly pleased with our initial sales results."
The new FPS title has been experiencing a few teething troubles with its multiplayer component but THQ are promising that they will have it patched within the next week.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3