SOCOM 4 PlayStation Plus beta timetable revealed
Sony and Zipper Interactive have revealed the different multiplayer modes that will be available on what days during this week's PlayStation Plus beta for SOCOM 4.
The beta runs from today (Tuesday the 22nd of March) until Monday the 28th of March with each day offering a different set of modes to try out across two different maps, Port Authority and Assault and Battery.
The timetable is as follows. On Tuesday you can play Suppression, Classic Suppression, Scrum (Custom), Community Day Classic (Custom). On Wednesday it's Uplink, Classic Uplink, Suppression, Classic Suppression. For Thursday it's Last Defense, Classic Last Defense, Uplink, Classic Uplink. Friday offers up Bomb Squad Classic Bomb Squad, Last Defense, Classic Last Defense. Saturday has Sniper Alley (Custom), Last Defense Run 'n Gun (Custom), Bomb Squad, Classic Bomb Squad. Sunday offers Scrum (Custom), Community Day Classic (Custom), Sniper Alley (Custom), Last Defense Run 'n Gun (Custom). Finally, on Monday you can get to grips with Suppression, Classic Suppression, Scrum (Custom), Community Day Classic (Custom).
The multiplayer modes break down like so Suppression is SOCOM's version on team deathmatch. In Last Defense players capture controls points, discover the enemy base and destroy it. Uplink sees teams steal enemy data and deliver it to your base. Bomb Squad invites players to protect their bomb technician while he disarms enemy explosives. Sniper Alley (Custom) is an eight on eight version of Classic Suppression with higher damage and weapons are limited to sniper rifles, shotguns, smoke grenades and poison gas.
Last Defense Run 'n Gun (Custom) introdces faster movement speed and reduced damage are applied to 16-on-16 Last Defense with weapons restricted to only shotguns and SMGs. Scrum (Custom) sees Suppression given rule tweaks of no respawn, faster movement and higher damage, while sniper rifles, frag grenades, concussion grenades and poison gas are disallowed. Community Day Classic (Custom) is a mixture of all four game types with increased speed and weapon restrictions placed on ranged explosives. Each game type is played over 11 five-minute rounds.
Thanks US PlayStation Blog.
- Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian driven out of her home by internet abuse
- Shadow Realms lead writer talks the inspiration behind the game's story
- PlayStation Allstars and Joe Danger headline September's PS Plus Instant Game Collection
- Titanfall will ge more cool free stuff after the last DLC but Respawn won't support it indefinitely
- Gauntlet release date pushed back
- Yakuza Zero announced for PS4 and PS3
- Escape Dead Island gets a release date, comes with guaranteed access to the Dead Island 2 beta
- Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls PC patch 2.1.0 arrives
- Next-gen and PC GTA V versions rumoured to be delayed into 2015