SOCOM 4 PlayStation Plus beta timetable revealed
Sony and Zipper Interactive have revealed the different multiplayer modes that will be available on what days during this week's PlayStation Plus beta for SOCOM 4.
The beta runs from today (Tuesday the 22nd of March) until Monday the 28th of March with each day offering a different set of modes to try out across two different maps, Port Authority and Assault and Battery.
The timetable is as follows. On Tuesday you can play Suppression, Classic Suppression, Scrum (Custom), Community Day Classic (Custom). On Wednesday it's Uplink, Classic Uplink, Suppression, Classic Suppression. For Thursday it's Last Defense, Classic Last Defense, Uplink, Classic Uplink. Friday offers up Bomb Squad Classic Bomb Squad, Last Defense, Classic Last Defense. Saturday has Sniper Alley (Custom), Last Defense Run 'n Gun (Custom), Bomb Squad, Classic Bomb Squad. Sunday offers Scrum (Custom), Community Day Classic (Custom), Sniper Alley (Custom), Last Defense Run 'n Gun (Custom). Finally, on Monday you can get to grips with Suppression, Classic Suppression, Scrum (Custom), Community Day Classic (Custom).
The multiplayer modes break down like so Suppression is SOCOM's version on team deathmatch. In Last Defense players capture controls points, discover the enemy base and destroy it. Uplink sees teams steal enemy data and deliver it to your base. Bomb Squad invites players to protect their bomb technician while he disarms enemy explosives. Sniper Alley (Custom) is an eight on eight version of Classic Suppression with higher damage and weapons are limited to sniper rifles, shotguns, smoke grenades and poison gas.
Last Defense Run 'n Gun (Custom) introdces faster movement speed and reduced damage are applied to 16-on-16 Last Defense with weapons restricted to only shotguns and SMGs. Scrum (Custom) sees Suppression given rule tweaks of no respawn, faster movement and higher damage, while sniper rifles, frag grenades, concussion grenades and poison gas are disallowed. Community Day Classic (Custom) is a mixture of all four game types with increased speed and weapon restrictions placed on ranged explosives. Each game type is played over 11 five-minute rounds.
Thanks US PlayStation Blog.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title