Blizzard: Forget Titan, Diablo III is a bigger threat to World of Warcraft
Blizzard co-founder Frank Pearce has drawn attention to the next game that may take players away from World of Warcraft.
Pearce told Gamasutra that Diablo III represents a much more present threat to the player numbers on WoW, much more than Titan, their new MMO project.
He said "It's hard to say. I think even a shorter-term concern is whether or not we might see cannibalisation of WoW players from Diablo III when we launch it, because it's a similar type of experience. Not exactly similar, but it's that RPG feel."
Pearce added: "For us, I think it's really important that we recognize that somewhere, sometime it's likely that someone is going to cannibalise World of Warcraft players. So it's better we cannibalise them ourselves than let someone else do that, because if we cannibalise them ourselves, they're still a Blizzard customer."
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year