Blizzard: Forget Titan, Diablo III is a bigger threat to World of Warcraft
Blizzard co-founder Frank Pearce has drawn attention to the next game that may take players away from World of Warcraft.
Pearce told Gamasutra that Diablo III represents a much more present threat to the player numbers on WoW, much more than Titan, their new MMO project.
He said "It's hard to say. I think even a shorter-term concern is whether or not we might see cannibalisation of WoW players from Diablo III when we launch it, because it's a similar type of experience. Not exactly similar, but it's that RPG feel."
Pearce added: "For us, I think it's really important that we recognize that somewhere, sometime it's likely that someone is going to cannibalise World of Warcraft players. So it's better we cannibalise them ourselves than let someone else do that, because if we cannibalise them ourselves, they're still a Blizzard customer."
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes