Square Enix opening Canadian studio to concentrate on next-gen consoles
Square Enix has announced that they are looking into opening a second studio in Canada.
The Eidos owner is in discussions with the Quebec authorities about setting up a partner studio to Deus Ex developer Eidos Montreal.
The new studio will create another 100 jobs and will be preparing for the next generation of console hardware.
Eidos Montreal's Stephane D'Astous said: "New consoles from Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo will demand more attention and more staff. We want to be well prepared."
Thanks La Presse.
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release