Square Enix opening Canadian studio to concentrate on next-gen consoles
Square Enix has announced that they are looking into opening a second studio in Canada.
The Eidos owner is in discussions with the Quebec authorities about setting up a partner studio to Deus Ex developer Eidos Montreal.
The new studio will create another 100 jobs and will be preparing for the next generation of console hardware.
Eidos Montreal's Stephane D'Astous said: "New consoles from Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo will demand more attention and more staff. We want to be well prepared."
Thanks La Presse.
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes