Square Enix opening Canadian studio to concentrate on next-gen consoles
Square Enix has announced that they are looking into opening a second studio in Canada.
The Eidos owner is in discussions with the Quebec authorities about setting up a partner studio to Deus Ex developer Eidos Montreal.
The new studio will create another 100 jobs and will be preparing for the next generation of console hardware.
Eidos Montreal's Stephane D'Astous said: "New consoles from Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo will demand more attention and more staff. We want to be well prepared."
Thanks La Presse.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side