Square Enix opening Canadian studio to concentrate on next-gen consoles
Square Enix has announced that they are looking into opening a second studio in Canada.
The Eidos owner is in discussions with the Quebec authorities about setting up a partner studio to Deus Ex developer Eidos Montreal.
The new studio will create another 100 jobs and will be preparing for the next generation of console hardware.
Eidos Montreal's Stephane D'Astous said: "New consoles from Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo will demand more attention and more staff. We want to be well prepared."
Thanks La Presse.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title