Square Enix opening Canadian studio to concentrate on next-gen consoles
Square Enix has announced that they are looking into opening a second studio in Canada.
The Eidos owner is in discussions with the Quebec authorities about setting up a partner studio to Deus Ex developer Eidos Montreal.
The new studio will create another 100 jobs and will be preparing for the next generation of console hardware.
Eidos Montreal's Stephane D'Astous said: "New consoles from Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo will demand more attention and more staff. We want to be well prepared."
Thanks La Presse.
- Steam is awesome this weekend, Borderlands 2 and Dishonored freeplay and a massive 2K sale
- Peter Molyneux: “There is a brilliant game there in Godus that is going to bring people together”
- FIFA Ultimate Team cheaters be warned EA Sports is coming for you
- #welovegamedevs Twitter campaign appears as an antidote to this week's unpleasantness
- No branching narratives for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Spa hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Phil Fish puts Polytron and Fez up for sale and quits Twitter after multiple hacks
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday