Cliffy B gives two thumbs up to NGP's dual thumbstick control layout
Epic design chief Cliff Bleszinski has been enthusing about Sony's upcoming handheld device, the NGP.
The man behind the Gears of War series has been particularly excited Sony's choice of control system for their new machine.
Bleszinski told the UK's Play magazine: "Dual-analogue touch-screen controls do not work. They're fun for 15 seconds and then it's just friction-burn."
He went on: "As much as I love iPad and iPhone gaming, I'm glad to see a portable that has actual buttons and dual analogue on it."
Thanks Develop Online.
- Stealth Inc 2 is coming to PC, PlayStation and Xbox
- Frozenbyte announces Trine 3: Artifacts Of Power
- Epic has dropped the subscription fee for the Unreal Engine 4
- Rumour: DirectX 12 could allow mixing and matching of AMD and Nvidia GPUs
- No more online modes for Ridge Racer Unbounded in Europe
- Mortal Kombat X coming to mobiles as a free-to-play card battler
- EA announces details of Battlefield: Hardline Premium
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition to hit PS4 and Xbox One in the summer
- Valve and HTC partner up for the new SteamVR device the Vive