Star Wars: The Old Republic not due before July at the earliest
EA's chief financial officer Eric Brown has spoken about the prospects for them releasing Bioware's expensive MMO Star Wars: The Old Republic.
In a speech at Lazard Capital Markets Technology and Media Conference he explained that the game will probably not be due until at least the second quarter of the 2012 financial year.
Brown said: "So we said it's going to launch sometime in calendar, but not within Fiscal 11. So that basically pens down between, you know, April 1st and December 31st of this calendar year. It's also reasonable to infer that it's not in our Q1 guidance. We gave Q1 Fiscal 11, Fiscal 12 non-gap revenue guidance, minus 39 minus 44 cents and I think it's not unreasonable to infer that it's not included in that 90 day period."
This means that EA's potential World of Warcraft-beater will not see the light of day till at least July and maybe even later.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey