Sony shooting for a worldwide release of the NGP?
Information has emerged that indicates that Sony may be planning their first simultaneous worldwide hardware launch for the NGP.
Anonymous inside sources from third-party developers working on NGP titles have said that they are under instruction from Sony to have key releases finished by the end of the summer and ready for an autumn release.
The date that is being shipped around for the release of the NGP is the 11th of November and initially this was believed to be Japan only but the new information may mean that Europe and the US will get the new handheld at the same time.
Sony Computer Entertainment of America boss Jack Tretton errs on the side of caution though saying: "it's very difficult to have the quantities to be able to launch on a worldwide basis on the same date" and that "our goal is get at least one territory out by the end of holiday 2011."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3