Sony shooting for a worldwide release of the NGP?
Information has emerged that indicates that Sony may be planning their first simultaneous worldwide hardware launch for the NGP.
Anonymous inside sources from third-party developers working on NGP titles have said that they are under instruction from Sony to have key releases finished by the end of the summer and ready for an autumn release.
The date that is being shipped around for the release of the NGP is the 11th of November and initially this was believed to be Japan only but the new information may mean that Europe and the US will get the new handheld at the same time.
Sony Computer Entertainment of America boss Jack Tretton errs on the side of caution though saying: "it's very difficult to have the quantities to be able to launch on a worldwide basis on the same date" and that "our goal is get at least one territory out by the end of holiday 2011."
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title
- Battlefield: Hardline beta coming to all platforms next week
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings
- Third and final Life Is Strange development diary arrives ahead of tomorrow's launch of episode one
- Nintendo shows profits despite the Wii U continuing to underperform
- Goetia demo is now live
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 devs confident that Resident Evil 7 will be mind-blowing
- Steam content creators raise more than 50 million USD making hats for Team Fortress 2 and the like