Sony shooting for a worldwide release of the NGP?
Information has emerged that indicates that Sony may be planning their first simultaneous worldwide hardware launch for the NGP.
Anonymous inside sources from third-party developers working on NGP titles have said that they are under instruction from Sony to have key releases finished by the end of the summer and ready for an autumn release.
The date that is being shipped around for the release of the NGP is the 11th of November and initially this was believed to be Japan only but the new information may mean that Europe and the US will get the new handheld at the same time.
Sony Computer Entertainment of America boss Jack Tretton errs on the side of caution though saying: "it's very difficult to have the quantities to be able to launch on a worldwide basis on the same date" and that "our goal is get at least one territory out by the end of holiday 2011."
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag