Sony shooting for a worldwide release of the NGP?
Information has emerged that indicates that Sony may be planning their first simultaneous worldwide hardware launch for the NGP.
Anonymous inside sources from third-party developers working on NGP titles have said that they are under instruction from Sony to have key releases finished by the end of the summer and ready for an autumn release.
The date that is being shipped around for the release of the NGP is the 11th of November and initially this was believed to be Japan only but the new information may mean that Europe and the US will get the new handheld at the same time.
Sony Computer Entertainment of America boss Jack Tretton errs on the side of caution though saying: "it's very difficult to have the quantities to be able to launch on a worldwide basis on the same date" and that "our goal is get at least one territory out by the end of holiday 2011."
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side
- Wonder what Zombie mode looks like for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare? Here's a trailer
- Xbox 360 Titanfall players getting a massive update next week
- Ubisoft pulls the Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass, offering free DLC and games to apologize for the problems with the game
- Dark Souls migration over to Steam delayed into next month now
- Sony to give partial refunds to PS Vita early adopters over misleading launch advertising
- And here's the goodies that Games With Gold will get you in December
- Nival announces beta access and a massive gun for pre-ordering Blitzkrieg 3
- Evolve developers promise that all map DLC will be free