Sony shooting for a worldwide release of the NGP?
Information has emerged that indicates that Sony may be planning their first simultaneous worldwide hardware launch for the NGP.
Anonymous inside sources from third-party developers working on NGP titles have said that they are under instruction from Sony to have key releases finished by the end of the summer and ready for an autumn release.
The date that is being shipped around for the release of the NGP is the 11th of November and initially this was believed to be Japan only but the new information may mean that Europe and the US will get the new handheld at the same time.
Sony Computer Entertainment of America boss Jack Tretton errs on the side of caution though saying: "it's very difficult to have the quantities to be able to launch on a worldwide basis on the same date" and that "our goal is get at least one territory out by the end of holiday 2011."
- OlliOlli 2 devs Roll7 troll the game's Twitter critics
- DayZ creator teams up with Improbable to make the game worlds he's always wanted
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster coming to the PS4 in the summer
- [Update] Possible March PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up appears on NeoGAF
- Trading gold for subscriptions coming soon to World Of Warcraft
- Unity 5 arrives completely free
- Mad Max gets slated for a September release
- Console ports of Gone Home have been shelved by Fullbright
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain release date leaked, getting an autumn release