Ubisoft Toronto talking new IP and working on the next Splinter Cell
Ubisoft's Jade Raymond has been enthusing about their new studio and the wonderful industry scene in Toronto.
In an interview with Gamasutra Raymond hinted that they have begun talking about "starting to work on the next Splinter Cell".
There was even talk of a new IP with Assassin's Creed producer saying: "At some point, we plan to start up a new IP. Those are some of the things that we're already thinking but not working on yet. We've talked about already starting to work on the next Splinter Cell. We're not sharing too much about that, but obviously there are a lot of those ideas, too, that will hopefully be brought into that brand."
She also had nothing but good things to say about Toronto's thriving indie development scene: She added: "Hopefully [Ubisoft and the indies] feed into each other. I don't know if you've heard of the Hand Eye Society, but there's this really cool group of indie developers that get together in really interesting events where they kind of show and tell, and exchange ideas. We've been attending those. Actually, one of the indie developers, Capybara Games, is actually making a game now that Ubisoft was already publishing beforehand, so I'm really excited because I hope that we can collaborate with them."
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year