Ubisoft Toronto talking new IP and working on the next Splinter Cell
Ubisoft's Jade Raymond has been enthusing about their new studio and the wonderful industry scene in Toronto.
In an interview with Gamasutra Raymond hinted that they have begun talking about "starting to work on the next Splinter Cell".
There was even talk of a new IP with Assassin's Creed producer saying: "At some point, we plan to start up a new IP. Those are some of the things that we're already thinking but not working on yet. We've talked about already starting to work on the next Splinter Cell. We're not sharing too much about that, but obviously there are a lot of those ideas, too, that will hopefully be brought into that brand."
She also had nothing but good things to say about Toronto's thriving indie development scene: She added: "Hopefully [Ubisoft and the indies] feed into each other. I don't know if you've heard of the Hand Eye Society, but there's this really cool group of indie developers that get together in really interesting events where they kind of show and tell, and exchange ideas. We've been attending those. Actually, one of the indie developers, Capybara Games, is actually making a game now that Ubisoft was already publishing beforehand, so I'm really excited because I hope that we can collaborate with them."
- Here's a bunch of new screenshots of Project CARS running on the Xbox One
- Free Power Of Defiance DLC arrives for Shadow Of Mordor
- Teaser trailer arrives for Telltale's Game Of Thrones
- Tales From The Borderlands to debut this month
- Archwing update arrives for the console versions of Warframe
- Free update and Black Sea Colonies DLC arrives for Total War: Rome II
- Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions coming next week
- World Of Warcraft subs jump back over the 10 million mark with the release of Warlords Of Draenor
- F1 2014 gets a new trailer to celebrate the F1 season finale at the Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi