Bilson: Homefront can compete with Call of Duty, Battlefield
THQ's core games boss, Danny Bilson has been talking up their expectations for Kaos' new FPS title Homefront.
He explained in a recent interview with Eurogamer that he believes that Homefront is eminently good enough to be in the mix alongside the likes of Call of Duty, Battlefield and the recently re-invigorated Medal of Honor series.
Bilson began: "Yes, absolutely. When we started Homefront, I said 'guys, if you want to build a first person shooter that deals with modern combat you're competing with Call of Duty'. The mission is - we just want to be in the conversation. With Battlefield, with Call of Duty, with Medal of Honor. And I like to think we're in the conversation."
He continued: "Can we beat them? Those are insane numbers for fantastic games, over many years," he conceded. "This is a franchise launch but so far so good. I think we have a really good game. And I think in particular in the multiplayer battlefield is as much fun as anybody's. We're a more nimble company, so a moderate hit will mean a lot to us. And a blockbuster hit would be ridiculously huge for us. All we can do is make the best game we can, sell it as well as we can and hope for the best."
Homefront is out on March the 18th in the UK on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC, with the PC version being handled by the eminently capable Digital Extremes.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year