Bilson: Homefront can compete with Call of Duty, Battlefield
THQ's core games boss, Danny Bilson has been talking up their expectations for Kaos' new FPS title Homefront.
He explained in a recent interview with Eurogamer that he believes that Homefront is eminently good enough to be in the mix alongside the likes of Call of Duty, Battlefield and the recently re-invigorated Medal of Honor series.
Bilson began: "Yes, absolutely. When we started Homefront, I said 'guys, if you want to build a first person shooter that deals with modern combat you're competing with Call of Duty'. The mission is - we just want to be in the conversation. With Battlefield, with Call of Duty, with Medal of Honor. And I like to think we're in the conversation."
He continued: "Can we beat them? Those are insane numbers for fantastic games, over many years," he conceded. "This is a franchise launch but so far so good. I think we have a really good game. And I think in particular in the multiplayer battlefield is as much fun as anybody's. We're a more nimble company, so a moderate hit will mean a lot to us. And a blockbuster hit would be ridiculously huge for us. All we can do is make the best game we can, sell it as well as we can and hope for the best."
Homefront is out on March the 18th in the UK on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC, with the PC version being handled by the eminently capable Digital Extremes.
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes