Peter Molyneux: “There is a brilliant game there in Godus that is going to bring people together”
Peter Molyneux has been talking about the tough time that he and 22Cans have been having working on their Populous spiritual successor Godus.
Godus has been available on Steam Early Access since early last year and it has take a lot of stick for not living up to Molyneux typically lofty promises despite being a essentially a work in progress.
“We must be up to about 12 versions on Steam Early Access by now. You look how building a house has changed, and how making settlements has changed, and how the world itself has changed. We have done everything we possibly can in the name of making a great game,” the veteran developer explained.
“This has been the hardest thing I’ve ever done in my life, because a lot of people have judged the entirety of my career and the whole future of something like Godus based upon [that early version],” he went on. “Everyone said, ‘This is a load of shit, all you do is flatten the land. All you do is tap. I've got RSI’.”
In spite opf the criticism Molyneux still fully believes that Godus will turn out to be something truly special like many of his previous creations right back to Populous.
“I’d take it every single time. I’d take the bullying, every single time, because I completely believe that there is a brilliant game there in Godus that is going to bring people together,” Molyneux added. “I believe that. And I'll take that criticism, and I’ll take that community because sometimes for every ten haters, there’s someone who inspires our team.”
You can judge it for yourself as Godus is still available over on Steam Early Access.
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes