Peter Molyneux: “There is a brilliant game there in Godus that is going to bring people together”
Peter Molyneux has been talking about the tough time that he and 22Cans have been having working on their Populous spiritual successor Godus.
Godus has been available on Steam Early Access since early last year and it has take a lot of stick for not living up to Molyneux typically lofty promises despite being a essentially a work in progress.
“We must be up to about 12 versions on Steam Early Access by now. You look how building a house has changed, and how making settlements has changed, and how the world itself has changed. We have done everything we possibly can in the name of making a great game,” the veteran developer explained.
“This has been the hardest thing I’ve ever done in my life, because a lot of people have judged the entirety of my career and the whole future of something like Godus based upon [that early version],” he went on. “Everyone said, ‘This is a load of shit, all you do is flatten the land. All you do is tap. I've got RSI’.”
In spite opf the criticism Molyneux still fully believes that Godus will turn out to be something truly special like many of his previous creations right back to Populous.
“I’d take it every single time. I’d take the bullying, every single time, because I completely believe that there is a brilliant game there in Godus that is going to bring people together,” Molyneux added. “I believe that. And I'll take that criticism, and I’ll take that community because sometimes for every ten haters, there’s someone who inspires our team.”
You can judge it for yourself as Godus is still available over on Steam Early Access.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny