Only triple-A NGP titles will launch at retail and digitally at the same time
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe president Andrew House has been talking about their software release strategy for the NGP.
House explained that only the biggest releases like Call of Duty and Uncharted will be released digitally the same time as they hit retailers.
He began: "With NGP, digital is baked into the strategy behind the device. I think publishers will start to look at distribution methods depending on the size of the content. Clearly if you have large blockbuster gaming experiences, then downloading them is perhaps not the best experience, therefore having physical media is a great advantage."
"What we are saying is that all games that appear physically will be made available digitally. Not necessarily all games have to be made available physically. Having the option of a digital-only method affords more creative risk-taking, and that's because you don't have that risk of physical inventory associated with it," House added.
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 may be coming to the PS Vita
- Destiny gets its first raid today, the Vault Of Glass
- Assassin's Creed: Unity co-op trailer arrives
- Lukewarm Destiny reviews could cost Bungie 2.5 million USD
- Borderlands multiplayer comes back to life on Steam
- Saints Row creative director Steve Jaros announces he's off to join Valve
- We want to rebuild a player-first culture says EA CEO Andrew Wilson
- WWE 2K15 gets delayed on next-gen
- Playground to add eight new cars to Forza Horizon 2 on launch day, VIP and Car pass details announced