iPad 2 to go take on the 3DS in the UK from day one
Apple has announced the launch date for their iPad 2 and it will be going toe-to-toe with Nintendo's 3DS.
The iPad 2 will be launched in the UK on the 25th of March, the very same day as Nintendo's revolutionary new handheld goes on sale.
Steve Jobs himself unveiled their next generation of tablet device and confirmed that it will go on sale in the US on March the 11th, 16 days before the 3DS launches Stateside.
Jobs said as he revealed the shiny new tablet: "Add all these features up, and we think 2011 is going to be the year of iPad 2."
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer