Super Mario 3DS announced at the GDC
Nintendo president Satoru Iwata used some of the time in his keynote speech to this year's Games Developers' Conference.
He didn't reveal much about the title other than a few preliminary screenshots showing the familiar 3D Mario we've known and loved since Super Mario 64.
The first 3DS Mario game is being developed by the same team that has been doing such sterling work on the Super Mario Galaxy series on the Wii.
The logo for the game also seemed to have a raccoon tail growing from it to which Iwata commented: "You may wonder what this indicates. We will reveal this at E3 this year." Roll on E3.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto