Super Mario 3DS announced at the GDC
Nintendo president Satoru Iwata used some of the time in his keynote speech to this year's Games Developers' Conference.
He didn't reveal much about the title other than a few preliminary screenshots showing the familiar 3D Mario we've known and loved since Super Mario 64.
The first 3DS Mario game is being developed by the same team that has been doing such sterling work on the Super Mario Galaxy series on the Wii.
The logo for the game also seemed to have a raccoon tail growing from it to which Iwata commented: "You may wonder what this indicates. We will reveal this at E3 this year." Roll on E3.
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet
- Screenshot on the PlayStation Blog points to an Uncharted re-release on PS4
- EA gives a release window for Star Wars: Battlefront
- Activision announces details and a release date for Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below