SEGA Will Probably Let Me Make Shenmue 3 says Suzuki
Shenmue creator, Yu Suzuki, has been talking about the possibilities of the release of Shenmue 3.
In a session at the GDC today, Suzuki was asked by a crowd-member when we would see the final instalment in the epic martial arts adventure series.
Suzuki replied: "Well, I want to make it," began Suzuki. "About 200 people will buy it, I think. But funding is an issue."
He added some historical information on the series as well: "First of all, the game was to be the Dreamcast's killer app. We talked about a Virtua Fighter RPG with Akira as the character we would use. From the beginning, the new title without using Akira would be more acceptable so they went in a different direction."
- Epic has dropped the subscription fee for the Unreal Engine 4
- Rumour: DirectX 12 could allow mixing and matching of AMD and Nvidia GPUs
- No more online modes for Ridge Racer Unbounded in Europe
- Mortal Kombat X coming to mobiles as a free-to-play card battler
- EA announces details of Battlefield: Hardline Premium
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition to hit PS4 and Xbox One in the summer
- Valve and HTC partner up for the new SteamVR device the Vive
- Trevor looks even more ravaged by time and crystal meth in these new GTA V PC screens
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey