SEGA Will Probably Let Me Make Shenmue 3 says Suzuki
Shenmue creator, Yu Suzuki, has been talking about the possibilities of the release of Shenmue 3.
In a session at the GDC today, Suzuki was asked by a crowd-member when we would see the final instalment in the epic martial arts adventure series.
Suzuki replied: "Well, I want to make it," began Suzuki. "About 200 people will buy it, I think. But funding is an issue."
He added some historical information on the series as well: "First of all, the game was to be the Dreamcast's killer app. We talked about a Virtua Fighter RPG with Akira as the character we would use. From the beginning, the new title without using Akira would be more acceptable so they went in a different direction."
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer