Jobs unveils the iPad 2
Just as the Game Developers' Conference gets into full swing today, across San Francisco Steve Jobs is hosting an event to celebrate the unveiling of the next generation of the iPad.
Jobs took a break from his current spell of sick leave to personally reveal the iPad 2 which will go on sale in the US next week.
The newest version of the tablet boasts a thinner, lighter construction, dual core CPU, cameras front and back, 10 hour battery life and an HDMI output capable of transmitting video at 1080p.
The iPad 2 will launch in both black and white flavours and will with the option of 16, 32 and 64GB worth of storage. The basic Wi-Fi only models will cost 499 USD, 599 USD and 699 USD respectively with 3G functionality adding a further 130 USD to the price tag of each.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date