Jobs unveils the iPad 2
Just as the Game Developers' Conference gets into full swing today, across San Francisco Steve Jobs is hosting an event to celebrate the unveiling of the next generation of the iPad.
Jobs took a break from his current spell of sick leave to personally reveal the iPad 2 which will go on sale in the US next week.
The newest version of the tablet boasts a thinner, lighter construction, dual core CPU, cameras front and back, 10 hour battery life and an HDMI output capable of transmitting video at 1080p.
The iPad 2 will launch in both black and white flavours and will with the option of 16, 32 and 64GB worth of storage. The basic Wi-Fi only models will cost 499 USD, 599 USD and 699 USD respectively with 3G functionality adding a further 130 USD to the price tag of each.
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release