Jobs unveils the iPad 2
Just as the Game Developers' Conference gets into full swing today, across San Francisco Steve Jobs is hosting an event to celebrate the unveiling of the next generation of the iPad.
Jobs took a break from his current spell of sick leave to personally reveal the iPad 2 which will go on sale in the US next week.
The newest version of the tablet boasts a thinner, lighter construction, dual core CPU, cameras front and back, 10 hour battery life and an HDMI output capable of transmitting video at 1080p.
The iPad 2 will launch in both black and white flavours and will with the option of 16, 32 and 64GB worth of storage. The basic Wi-Fi only models will cost 499 USD, 599 USD and 699 USD respectively with 3G functionality adding a further 130 USD to the price tag of each.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year