Jobs unveils the iPad 2
Just as the Game Developers' Conference gets into full swing today, across San Francisco Steve Jobs is hosting an event to celebrate the unveiling of the next generation of the iPad.
Jobs took a break from his current spell of sick leave to personally reveal the iPad 2 which will go on sale in the US next week.
The newest version of the tablet boasts a thinner, lighter construction, dual core CPU, cameras front and back, 10 hour battery life and an HDMI output capable of transmitting video at 1080p.
The iPad 2 will launch in both black and white flavours and will with the option of 16, 32 and 64GB worth of storage. The basic Wi-Fi only models will cost 499 USD, 599 USD and 699 USD respectively with 3G functionality adding a further 130 USD to the price tag of each.
- Final Fantasy XIV's first expansion Heavensward will launch in June
- Sony gives the full PS Plus line-up for April
- Before The Fall patch arrives for Final Fantasy XIV today
- Evolve's first load of DLC arrives today for Xbox One
- Lords Of The Fallen exec producer confirms a sequel is in production
- Pacman takes over Google Maps
- Techland warns of contaminated Antizin hitting Dying Light tomorrow
- Speedrunner beats Bloodborne in just 44 minutes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May