Jobs unveils the iPad 2
Just as the Game Developers' Conference gets into full swing today, across San Francisco Steve Jobs is hosting an event to celebrate the unveiling of the next generation of the iPad.
Jobs took a break from his current spell of sick leave to personally reveal the iPad 2 which will go on sale in the US next week.
The newest version of the tablet boasts a thinner, lighter construction, dual core CPU, cameras front and back, 10 hour battery life and an HDMI output capable of transmitting video at 1080p.
The iPad 2 will launch in both black and white flavours and will with the option of 16, 32 and 64GB worth of storage. The basic Wi-Fi only models will cost 499 USD, 599 USD and 699 USD respectively with 3G functionality adding a further 130 USD to the price tag of each.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch