Steam coming to a TV near you
Valve has announced that they will be introducing a whole raft of features for Steam that will extend its functionality to include TV interaction.
With the increase in TVs that can connect to Macs and PCs, Valve has looked at the big picture to help deliver gaming to any TV in the house via the home computer.
The new Big Picture Mode is set to be detailed in a session at this week's GDC at the Moscone Centre in San Francisco.
Valve's Dave Lombardi said: "Our partners and customers have asked us to make Steam available in more places. With the introduction of Steam on the Mac, and soon in Portal 2 on the PS3T, we've done just that," said Doug Lombardi, VP of marketing for Valve. "With big picture mode, gaming opportunities for Steam partners and customers become possible via PCs and Macs on any TV or computer display in the house."
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey