Pachter: PS3 price cut to come this summer
Vocal Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter has been voicing his opinions on the possibility of a price cut coming for the PS3 this year.
Pachter believes that, with all the big releases that the PS3 is seeing this year Sony may be able to find the space to drop the price of the PS3 some time in the summer possibly announcing it in June at this year's E3.
He said: "We expect PS3 software sales to spike when several high profile releases launch in the coming months, and believe that overall PS3 software sales would benefit immensely from a hardware price cut, expected in June."
There may be room for the basic 160GB model to drop from its current 299 USD price point in the states to as low as 199 USD in order to help maintain the console's momentum on the back of releases like LittleBigPlanet 2 and Killzone 3.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year