Pachter: PS3 price cut to come this summer
Vocal Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter has been voicing his opinions on the possibility of a price cut coming for the PS3 this year.
Pachter believes that, with all the big releases that the PS3 is seeing this year Sony may be able to find the space to drop the price of the PS3 some time in the summer possibly announcing it in June at this year's E3.
He said: "We expect PS3 software sales to spike when several high profile releases launch in the coming months, and believe that overall PS3 software sales would benefit immensely from a hardware price cut, expected in June."
There may be room for the basic 160GB model to drop from its current 299 USD price point in the states to as low as 199 USD in order to help maintain the console's momentum on the back of releases like LittleBigPlanet 2 and Killzone 3.
- Activision using copyright strikes to remove Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare glitch videos from YouTube
- Steam Thanksgiving Sale to begin later this week
- Irrational Games seems to be hiring again
- Gorgeous Xbox One metroidvania adventure Ori And The Blind Forest delayed into next year
- Crytek bringing the action fo Warface to Siberia
- Warner Bros releases brand new Batman: Arkham Knight gameplay footage
- Remedy casts a Hobbit and an X-Man in Quantum Theory
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer