Pachter: PS3 price cut to come this summer
Vocal Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter has been voicing his opinions on the possibility of a price cut coming for the PS3 this year.
Pachter believes that, with all the big releases that the PS3 is seeing this year Sony may be able to find the space to drop the price of the PS3 some time in the summer possibly announcing it in June at this year's E3.
He said: "We expect PS3 software sales to spike when several high profile releases launch in the coming months, and believe that overall PS3 software sales would benefit immensely from a hardware price cut, expected in June."
There may be room for the basic 160GB model to drop from its current 299 USD price point in the states to as low as 199 USD in order to help maintain the console's momentum on the back of releases like LittleBigPlanet 2 and Killzone 3.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light