Pachter: PS3 price cut to come this summer
Vocal Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter has been voicing his opinions on the possibility of a price cut coming for the PS3 this year.
Pachter believes that, with all the big releases that the PS3 is seeing this year Sony may be able to find the space to drop the price of the PS3 some time in the summer possibly announcing it in June at this year's E3.
He said: "We expect PS3 software sales to spike when several high profile releases launch in the coming months, and believe that overall PS3 software sales would benefit immensely from a hardware price cut, expected in June."
There may be room for the basic 160GB model to drop from its current 299 USD price point in the states to as low as 199 USD in order to help maintain the console's momentum on the back of releases like LittleBigPlanet 2 and Killzone 3.
- Peter Molyneux: “There is a brilliant game there in Godus that is going to bring people together”
- FIFA Ultimate Team cheaters be warned EA Sports is coming for you
- #welovegamedevs Twitter campaign appears as an antidote to this week's unpleasantness
- No branching narratives for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Spa hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Phil Fish puts Polytron and Fez up for sale and quits Twitter after multiple hacks
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday
- Warframe update 14 hits PS4 as it closes in on 10 million registered users