Pachter: PS3 price cut to come this summer
Vocal Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter has been voicing his opinions on the possibility of a price cut coming for the PS3 this year.
Pachter believes that, with all the big releases that the PS3 is seeing this year Sony may be able to find the space to drop the price of the PS3 some time in the summer possibly announcing it in June at this year's E3.
He said: "We expect PS3 software sales to spike when several high profile releases launch in the coming months, and believe that overall PS3 software sales would benefit immensely from a hardware price cut, expected in June."
There may be room for the basic 160GB model to drop from its current 299 USD price point in the states to as low as 199 USD in order to help maintain the console's momentum on the back of releases like LittleBigPlanet 2 and Killzone 3.
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today