Rumour: New EA studio opens to head up Command and Conquer
Rumours have surfaced of a brand EA studio opening up to head up development of the Command and Conquer series.
The new studio, Victory Games is said to be headed up by EA LA man Jon Van Caneghem and is apparently spread across locations in LA, Texas and Shanghai.
The new studio will be rebooting the Command and Conquer series after the lukewarm reception Command and Conquer 4 received when it arrived early on last year.
Von Caneghem is quoted as saying on an internal EA website: "Our general focus is on the future of Command & Conquer. That means updating a lot of the core technology to create a stable base for future development, and leveraging that work on this first game.
Thanks Rock, Paper, Shotgun.
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title
- Battlefield: Hardline beta coming to all platforms next week
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings
- Third and final Life Is Strange development diary arrives ahead of tomorrow's launch of episode one
- Nintendo shows profits despite the Wii U continuing to underperform
- Goetia demo is now live
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 devs confident that Resident Evil 7 will be mind-blowing
- Steam content creators raise more than 50 million USD making hats for Team Fortress 2 and the like