Rumour: New EA studio opens to head up Command and Conquer
Rumours have surfaced of a brand EA studio opening up to head up development of the Command and Conquer series.
The new studio, Victory Games is said to be headed up by EA LA man Jon Van Caneghem and is apparently spread across locations in LA, Texas and Shanghai.
The new studio will be rebooting the Command and Conquer series after the lukewarm reception Command and Conquer 4 received when it arrived early on last year.
Von Caneghem is quoted as saying on an internal EA website: "Our general focus is on the future of Command & Conquer. That means updating a lot of the core technology to create a stable base for future development, and leveraging that work on this first game.
Thanks Rock, Paper, Shotgun.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter