Rumour: New EA studio opens to head up Command and Conquer
Rumours have surfaced of a brand EA studio opening up to head up development of the Command and Conquer series.
The new studio, Victory Games is said to be headed up by EA LA man Jon Van Caneghem and is apparently spread across locations in LA, Texas and Shanghai.
The new studio will be rebooting the Command and Conquer series after the lukewarm reception Command and Conquer 4 received when it arrived early on last year.
Von Caneghem is quoted as saying on an internal EA website: "Our general focus is on the future of Command & Conquer. That means updating a lot of the core technology to create a stable base for future development, and leveraging that work on this first game.
Thanks Rock, Paper, Shotgun.
- Hatred returns to Steam Greenlight
- Work on a Lords Of The Fallen sequel is under way
- The latest patch for Assassin's Creed: Unity is a whopper, especially for some on Xbox One
- Microsoft is planning a streaming service reportedly called Arcadia
- Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 in development, aiming for a 2016 release
- Jagex to pull the plug on Transformers Universe
- One of Johnny Gat's new toys from Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell takes a tour of London
- Free trial of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn arrives on the PS4
- Batman Of The Future character pack arrives for LEGO Batman 3