Rumour: New EA studio opens to head up Command and Conquer
Rumours have surfaced of a brand EA studio opening up to head up development of the Command and Conquer series.
The new studio, Victory Games is said to be headed up by EA LA man Jon Van Caneghem and is apparently spread across locations in LA, Texas and Shanghai.
The new studio will be rebooting the Command and Conquer series after the lukewarm reception Command and Conquer 4 received when it arrived early on last year.
Von Caneghem is quoted as saying on an internal EA website: "Our general focus is on the future of Command & Conquer. That means updating a lot of the core technology to create a stable base for future development, and leveraging that work on this first game.
Thanks Rock, Paper, Shotgun.
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent