Rumour: New EA studio opens to head up Command and Conquer
Rumours have surfaced of a brand EA studio opening up to head up development of the Command and Conquer series.
The new studio, Victory Games is said to be headed up by EA LA man Jon Van Caneghem and is apparently spread across locations in LA, Texas and Shanghai.
The new studio will be rebooting the Command and Conquer series after the lukewarm reception Command and Conquer 4 received when it arrived early on last year.
Von Caneghem is quoted as saying on an internal EA website: "Our general focus is on the future of Command & Conquer. That means updating a lot of the core technology to create a stable base for future development, and leveraging that work on this first game.
Thanks Rock, Paper, Shotgun.
- Final piece of Dark Souls II Season Pass DLC arrives on PC and Xbox 360
- CD Projekt RED releases some concept art for Triss and Emhyr from The Witcher 3
- 2K announces the new MyCareer mode for WWE 2K15
- Microsoft skips 9 and goes straight to announcing Windows 10
- Luis Suarez' ban extends into FIFA 15 as well
- Creative Assembly revives the multiplayer for Rome: Total War – Alexander on Steam
- Shadow Of Mordor launch trailer makes the game look suitably epic
- Minecraft for PS Vita heads into final testing
- PlayStation Home to close next year