CryEngine coming to the NGP
Sony has announced that Crytek's impressive game engine will be available to NGP developers in a customised form for Sony's new handheld.
The notoriously demanding game engine will is the latest in a long line of game engines and middleware to be supported by the NGP including the Unreal Engine and Havok's physics engine.
The NGP is rumoured to be as much as four times as powerful as any handheld currently available according to Epic Games' Tim Sweeney.
Id Software'e technical director and DOOM creator John Carmack believes that, while the NGP and current-generation iPhone are comparable in hardware specs, the NGP will be able to produce superior gaming experiences to the iPhone due to it being handicapped by it's use of a slick operating system.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light
- Don't Starve gets a release date for the Wii U
- Here's the trailer for the next episode of Telltale's Game Of Thrones
- Bloodborne will see DLC before the end of the year