CryEngine coming to the NGP
Sony has announced that Crytek's impressive game engine will be available to NGP developers in a customised form for Sony's new handheld.
The notoriously demanding game engine will is the latest in a long line of game engines and middleware to be supported by the NGP including the Unreal Engine and Havok's physics engine.
The NGP is rumoured to be as much as four times as powerful as any handheld currently available according to Epic Games' Tim Sweeney.
Id Software'e technical director and DOOM creator John Carmack believes that, while the NGP and current-generation iPhone are comparable in hardware specs, the NGP will be able to produce superior gaming experiences to the iPhone due to it being handicapped by it's use of a slick operating system.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year