CryEngine coming to the NGP
Sony has announced that Crytek's impressive game engine will be available to NGP developers in a customised form for Sony's new handheld.
The notoriously demanding game engine will is the latest in a long line of game engines and middleware to be supported by the NGP including the Unreal Engine and Havok's physics engine.
The NGP is rumoured to be as much as four times as powerful as any handheld currently available according to Epic Games' Tim Sweeney.
Id Software'e technical director and DOOM creator John Carmack believes that, while the NGP and current-generation iPhone are comparable in hardware specs, the NGP will be able to produce superior gaming experiences to the iPhone due to it being handicapped by it's use of a slick operating system.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3