Riccitiello: Battlefield 3 will be game of the year
EA's CEO John Riccitiello has voiced his complete confidence in the work DICE are doing in bringing Battlefield 3 to FPS gamer this year.
He told the crowd at this years Goldman Sachs Technology and Internet Conference that Battlefield 3 is the game that will allow them to take back their crown as the king of the FPS genre from Activision and Call of Duty.
Riccitielo said: "We think there's a window of opportunity here. We've been investing for three years to build Battlefield 3. I think it will stand up as the best product in the industry this year... and we're going dead at 'em."
He added a little sideways dig at Activision and their annual iterations of Call of Duty: "One of the problems with an annual franchise is you don't take the time to reengineer the underlying codebase so that it's as 'next-generation' as it can be."
Battlefield 3 is due out on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 later this year and given it uses DICE's new Frostbite 2 engine it looks a very impressive proposition especially with 64 player multiplayer on PC and 24 player multiplayer on consoles.
- Possible dates for the Steam Summer Sale appear online
- Rise Of The Tomb Raider on Xbox 360 doesn't appear in Square Enix's financials for this year
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week with new gear and rewards
- Titanfall developers Respawn won't be at E3 this year
- Destiny: Xur's location and stock for May 28th
- Destiny's Trials Of Osiris declared a success, Bungie bans cheaters
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer