Riccitiello: Battlefield 3 will be game of the year
EA's CEO John Riccitiello has voiced his complete confidence in the work DICE are doing in bringing Battlefield 3 to FPS gamer this year.
He told the crowd at this years Goldman Sachs Technology and Internet Conference that Battlefield 3 is the game that will allow them to take back their crown as the king of the FPS genre from Activision and Call of Duty.
Riccitielo said: "We think there's a window of opportunity here. We've been investing for three years to build Battlefield 3. I think it will stand up as the best product in the industry this year... and we're going dead at 'em."
He added a little sideways dig at Activision and their annual iterations of Call of Duty: "One of the problems with an annual franchise is you don't take the time to reengineer the underlying codebase so that it's as 'next-generation' as it can be."
Battlefield 3 is due out on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 later this year and given it uses DICE's new Frostbite 2 engine it looks a very impressive proposition especially with 64 player multiplayer on PC and 24 player multiplayer on consoles.
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC system specifications announced
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergate
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update