Riccitiello: Battlefield 3 will be game of the year
EA's CEO John Riccitiello has voiced his complete confidence in the work DICE are doing in bringing Battlefield 3 to FPS gamer this year.
He told the crowd at this years Goldman Sachs Technology and Internet Conference that Battlefield 3 is the game that will allow them to take back their crown as the king of the FPS genre from Activision and Call of Duty.
Riccitielo said: "We think there's a window of opportunity here. We've been investing for three years to build Battlefield 3. I think it will stand up as the best product in the industry this year... and we're going dead at 'em."
He added a little sideways dig at Activision and their annual iterations of Call of Duty: "One of the problems with an annual franchise is you don't take the time to reengineer the underlying codebase so that it's as 'next-generation' as it can be."
Battlefield 3 is due out on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 later this year and given it uses DICE's new Frostbite 2 engine it looks a very impressive proposition especially with 64 player multiplayer on PC and 24 player multiplayer on consoles.
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 may be coming to the PS Vita
- Destiny gets its first raid today, the Vault Of Glass
- Assassin's Creed: Unity co-op trailer arrives
- Lukewarm Destiny reviews could cost Bungie 2.5 million USD
- Borderlands multiplayer comes back to life on Steam
- Saints Row creative director Steve Jaros announces he's off to join Valve
- We want to rebuild a player-first culture says EA CEO Andrew Wilson
- WWE 2K15 gets delayed on next-gen
- Playground to add eight new cars to Forza Horizon 2 on launch day, VIP and Car pass details announced