Left 4 Dead 2 getting more DLC
There's a third chunk of downloadable content on the way for Left 4 Dead 2.
Intriguingly, the DLC will feature a campaign created by fan modder Matthew Lourdelet, the chap behind the highly-rated 2 Evil Eyes campaign. But the community input doesn't end there. Valve will be running beta tests for it too.
According a post on the official Valve's Left 4 Dead blog, Valve saw Lourdelet's work on the Cold Stream campaign, liked it, and decided to pop it into a DLC pack featuring the remaining three L4D1 campaigns not currently available in L4D2.
Unlike The Sacrifice and The Passing, this new pack will be entirely story free.
"The very first step in creating a new DLC is deciding on the larger goals and constraints for the DLC," said the blog post.
"The Sacrifice and the Passing were story heavy, so we want to see what the other end of the spectrum looks like. For this DLC we start with wanting to experiment by releasing a map pack that wasn't about story. It would just be new campaigns for Left 4 Dead 2."
"That's the start of the DLC," the post continues. "We have the basic information but we don't even have a name or release date yet."
Indeed, all Valve do know currently is that the DLC will hit "sometime after Portal 2", and launch across PC, Xbox 360 and Mac.
"In the next few weeks we will add Cold Stream to the UI (user interface) and we will all begin testing it. As we receive feedback and test data we will also share some data we collect on player experience and show how we put that data to use.
"While the beta will only be available for PC and Mac users, we appreciate feedback and ideas from the entire community. This is an experiment for us, so please let us know what you think and what you would like to see in the DLC just remember the constraints."
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto