Left 4 Dead 2 getting more DLC
There's a third chunk of downloadable content on the way for Left 4 Dead 2.
Intriguingly, the DLC will feature a campaign created by fan modder Matthew Lourdelet, the chap behind the highly-rated 2 Evil Eyes campaign. But the community input doesn't end there. Valve will be running beta tests for it too.
According a post on the official Valve's Left 4 Dead blog, Valve saw Lourdelet's work on the Cold Stream campaign, liked it, and decided to pop it into a DLC pack featuring the remaining three L4D1 campaigns not currently available in L4D2.
Unlike The Sacrifice and The Passing, this new pack will be entirely story free.
"The very first step in creating a new DLC is deciding on the larger goals and constraints for the DLC," said the blog post.
"The Sacrifice and the Passing were story heavy, so we want to see what the other end of the spectrum looks like. For this DLC we start with wanting to experiment by releasing a map pack that wasn't about story. It would just be new campaigns for Left 4 Dead 2."
"That's the start of the DLC," the post continues. "We have the basic information but we don't even have a name or release date yet."
Indeed, all Valve do know currently is that the DLC will hit "sometime after Portal 2", and launch across PC, Xbox 360 and Mac.
"In the next few weeks we will add Cold Stream to the UI (user interface) and we will all begin testing it. As we receive feedback and test data we will also share some data we collect on player experience and show how we put that data to use.
"While the beta will only be available for PC and Mac users, we appreciate feedback and ideas from the entire community. This is an experiment for us, so please let us know what you think and what you would like to see in the DLC just remember the constraints."
- BioWare's David Gaider moves from Dragon Age to a new secret BioWare project
- Cross-Buy coming to Windows 10 and Xbox One staring with Zen Pinball FX2
- Bungie knew about Destiny's loot cave before launch
- This year's BAFTA Games Awards to stream live on Twitch, watch it here
- Harmonix confirms Rock Band 4 coming to next-gen consoles this year
- Wasteland 2 also coming to the PS4
- Block 'N' Load gets a final launch date
- Elite: Dangerous is a timed exclusive on the Xbox One, PS4 version is coming too
- Phil Harrison rumoured to be leaving Microsoft