PSOne classic Ridge Racer Type 4 returning on PSN
Namco Bandai has announced that they will be bringing back Ridge Racer Type 4 on PSN very soon.
The 1999 PSOne entry in the Ridge Racer series set a few standards for the racing genre with 48 cars and 300 possible car variations, eight tracks and some of the best graphics seen on the PSOne.
Ridge Racer Type 4 arrives on PSN for PS3 and PSP some time in March which is a big month for the series and it also steps into the third dimension for the first time with Ridge Racer 3D arriving as a launch title for the new Nintendo 3DS.
Namco has also announced a new home console game in the series Ridge Racer Unbounded on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC. It seems it will give Ridge Racer's classic drift style of racing with a more destructive Burnout-inspired edge.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer