Riccitiello: Dead Space 3 will sell 5 million
EA boss John Riccitiello has been talking about the strength of their triple-A portfolio and demonstrating the publisher's commitment to their best franchises.
Despite Dead Space 2 doubling the first game's debut sales Riccitiello confessed that they don't expect a game in the series to break the five-million sales mark until they release Dead Space 3.
He said: "Right now we've got strong, growing franchises including Madden, FIFA... Need for Speed, Medal of Honor and Battlefield - I include them as one because we're unlikely to ship them in any one year at the same time. [There's also] Mass Effect... Dragon Age... and the one that's sort of not proven that's coming later in our fiscal year, Star Wars [The Old Republic]."
The EA boss added: "That excludes Dead Space because I think it will probably take Dead Space 3 before we get into that five million unit cadence versus say three, four."
Hopefully this will more-or-less be a confirmation that the series will continue beyond last month's immensely popular release Dead Space 2.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date