Riccitiello: Dead Space 3 will sell 5 million
EA boss John Riccitiello has been talking about the strength of their triple-A portfolio and demonstrating the publisher's commitment to their best franchises.
Despite Dead Space 2 doubling the first game's debut sales Riccitiello confessed that they don't expect a game in the series to break the five-million sales mark until they release Dead Space 3.
He said: "Right now we've got strong, growing franchises including Madden, FIFA... Need for Speed, Medal of Honor and Battlefield - I include them as one because we're unlikely to ship them in any one year at the same time. [There's also] Mass Effect... Dragon Age... and the one that's sort of not proven that's coming later in our fiscal year, Star Wars [The Old Republic]."
The EA boss added: "That excludes Dead Space because I think it will probably take Dead Space 3 before we get into that five million unit cadence versus say three, four."
Hopefully this will more-or-less be a confirmation that the series will continue beyond last month's immensely popular release Dead Space 2.
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light
- Don't Starve gets a release date for the Wii U
- Here's the trailer for the next episode of Telltale's Game Of Thrones
- Bloodborne will see DLC before the end of the year
- CD Projekt RED addresses visual downgrade issues with The Witcher 3
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new trailer featuring the Nine Inch Nails
- This year's Need For Speed is bringing back the narrative
- No Bard's Tale IV on consoles, InXile not ruling it out though