Riccitiello: Dead Space 3 will sell 5 million
EA boss John Riccitiello has been talking about the strength of their triple-A portfolio and demonstrating the publisher's commitment to their best franchises.
Despite Dead Space 2 doubling the first game's debut sales Riccitiello confessed that they don't expect a game in the series to break the five-million sales mark until they release Dead Space 3.
He said: "Right now we've got strong, growing franchises including Madden, FIFA... Need for Speed, Medal of Honor and Battlefield - I include them as one because we're unlikely to ship them in any one year at the same time. [There's also] Mass Effect... Dragon Age... and the one that's sort of not proven that's coming later in our fiscal year, Star Wars [The Old Republic]."
The EA boss added: "That excludes Dead Space because I think it will probably take Dead Space 3 before we get into that five million unit cadence versus say three, four."
Hopefully this will more-or-less be a confirmation that the series will continue beyond last month's immensely popular release Dead Space 2.
- Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian driven out of her home by internet abuse
- Shadow Realms lead writer talks the inspiration behind the game's story
- PlayStation Allstars and Joe Danger headline September's PS Plus Instant Game Collection
- Titanfall will ge more cool free stuff after the last DLC but Respawn won't support it indefinitely
- Gauntlet release date pushed back
- Yakuza Zero announced for PS4 and PS3
- Escape Dead Island gets a release date, comes with guaranteed access to the Dead Island 2 beta
- Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls PC patch 2.1.0 arrives
- Next-gen and PC GTA V versions rumoured to be delayed into 2015