Blizzard hoping to get Diablo III out by the end of 2011
Blizzard's Rob Pardo is hopeful that their next long-awaited sequel Diablo III to PCs and Macs before the end of 2011.
Although Blizzard hasn't included the game in their outlook for the next financial year Pardo has his fingers crossed that Diablo III will make it out before the year is done.
Pardo said: "Our goal is to get there. But you know, at the end of the day, we are going to get it right. That's more important. We're going to promise, we're going to get it out there when it's awesome. And, we're crossing our fingers, maybe it will be this year."
CEO, Mike Morhaime was a little less optimistic on this front saying that if they haven't released anything this year then they would have two releases for 2012.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer