PS2 breaks the 150 million sales mark
Sony has announced that the PlayStation 2 has broken through the 150 million unit sales mark.
Nearly eleven years since the PS2 arrived, way back in March of 2000, not only has the console shifted 150 million consoles it has accounted for 1.52 billion games sold around the world.
Of course this included ground-breaking franchises like Metal Gear Solid and Grand Theft Auto. In the last 11 years there has been a total of 10,828 games made for the PS2.
The PS2 is still very popular in developing regions like Eastern Europe, South America, the Middle East and South East Asia with some taking advantage of the second-hand markets in the UK and the US to import our unused machines to sell in these regions.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One