PS2 breaks the 150 million sales mark
Sony has announced that the PlayStation 2 has broken through the 150 million unit sales mark.
Nearly eleven years since the PS2 arrived, way back in March of 2000, not only has the console shifted 150 million consoles it has accounted for 1.52 billion games sold around the world.
Of course this included ground-breaking franchises like Metal Gear Solid and Grand Theft Auto. In the last 11 years there has been a total of 10,828 games made for the PS2.
The PS2 is still very popular in developing regions like Eastern Europe, South America, the Middle East and South East Asia with some taking advantage of the second-hand markets in the UK and the US to import our unused machines to sell in these regions.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III