PS2 breaks the 150 million sales mark
Sony has announced that the PlayStation 2 has broken through the 150 million unit sales mark.
Nearly eleven years since the PS2 arrived, way back in March of 2000, not only has the console shifted 150 million consoles it has accounted for 1.52 billion games sold around the world.
Of course this included ground-breaking franchises like Metal Gear Solid and Grand Theft Auto. In the last 11 years there has been a total of 10,828 games made for the PS2.
The PS2 is still very popular in developing regions like Eastern Europe, South America, the Middle East and South East Asia with some taking advantage of the second-hand markets in the UK and the US to import our unused machines to sell in these regions.
- The Last Team Standing update arrives for GTA Online
- Syndicate spiritual successor Satellite Reign gets a new HD gameplay video
- Last chance to back card-collecting RPG Eminence: Xander's Tales on Kickstarter
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons