PS2 breaks the 150 million sales mark
Sony has announced that the PlayStation 2 has broken through the 150 million unit sales mark.
Nearly eleven years since the PS2 arrived, way back in March of 2000, not only has the console shifted 150 million consoles it has accounted for 1.52 billion games sold around the world.
Of course this included ground-breaking franchises like Metal Gear Solid and Grand Theft Auto. In the last 11 years there has been a total of 10,828 games made for the PS2.
The PS2 is still very popular in developing regions like Eastern Europe, South America, the Middle East and South East Asia with some taking advantage of the second-hand markets in the UK and the US to import our unused machines to sell in these regions.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3