PS2 breaks the 150 million sales mark
Sony has announced that the PlayStation 2 has broken through the 150 million unit sales mark.
Nearly eleven years since the PS2 arrived, way back in March of 2000, not only has the console shifted 150 million consoles it has accounted for 1.52 billion games sold around the world.
Of course this included ground-breaking franchises like Metal Gear Solid and Grand Theft Auto. In the last 11 years there has been a total of 10,828 games made for the PS2.
The PS2 is still very popular in developing regions like Eastern Europe, South America, the Middle East and South East Asia with some taking advantage of the second-hand markets in the UK and the US to import our unused machines to sell in these regions.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year