Sony plans for the NGP and the PSP to coexist
Sony has revealed that they have plans for the PSP that extend beyond the release of the NGP towards the end of this year.
The boss of Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios Shuhei Yoshida explained that the release of the NGP will not mean the death knell for the PSP.
Yoshida said: "The NGP features everything Sony can and wants to do today.It's a platform looking forward with great ambition. It can't replace a platform that has already been on sale for seven years now. In terms of pricing, we can't sell the NGP for the same price as a PSP. The PSP has become very affordable and popular, especially with younger generations."
He added: "I think the NGP needs time to mature and get adopted by users. So, for the time being, both platforms will coexist."
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light