Rumour: Is Activision readying a bid for Take-Two?
Rumours are growing that Activision may be preparing a bid to take over rival publisher and Metacritic publisher of the year Take-Two.
An industry insider told MCV this week: "There are very strong rumours amongst people at a very senior level within the global business. But there're not much more than that at the moment they are just rumours. And, of course, given Activision's news this week, everyone is now looking to see what their next move is. But you can definitely put two and two together and make four-ish."
If this proves true, Activision could secure the rights to successful series as wide-ranging as NBA 2K, Borderlands and the publisher's holy grail Grand Theft Auto.
This would seem bad news for gamers however given this week's demise of Guitar Hero and True Crime and Activision's reputation for milking popular franchises dry.
- Wii U version of Project CARS may not be released
- Diversity and gay romance didn't hurt sales says BioWare's David Gaider
- Microsoft accidentally leaks a “placeholder” release date for Halo: ODST remaster
- Shipment of copies of Splatoon robbed en-route to the UK
- Mortal Kombat X not coming to PS3 and Xbox 360 in June
- Spiders' The Technomancer to debut at E3
- Dirty Bomb open beta is coming next month
- Ubisoft now emailing players to encourage them to finish their games
- Supremacy, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's next DLC coming to Xbox next month with added Bruce Campbell