Rumour: Is Activision readying a bid for Take-Two?
Rumours are growing that Activision may be preparing a bid to take over rival publisher and Metacritic publisher of the year Take-Two.
An industry insider told MCV this week: "There are very strong rumours amongst people at a very senior level within the global business. But there're not much more than that at the moment they are just rumours. And, of course, given Activision's news this week, everyone is now looking to see what their next move is. But you can definitely put two and two together and make four-ish."
If this proves true, Activision could secure the rights to successful series as wide-ranging as NBA 2K, Borderlands and the publisher's holy grail Grand Theft Auto.
This would seem bad news for gamers however given this week's demise of Guitar Hero and True Crime and Activision's reputation for milking popular franchises dry.
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes