Rumour: Is Activision readying a bid for Take-Two?
Rumours are growing that Activision may be preparing a bid to take over rival publisher and Metacritic publisher of the year Take-Two.
An industry insider told MCV this week: "There are very strong rumours amongst people at a very senior level within the global business. But there're not much more than that at the moment they are just rumours. And, of course, given Activision's news this week, everyone is now looking to see what their next move is. But you can definitely put two and two together and make four-ish."
If this proves true, Activision could secure the rights to successful series as wide-ranging as NBA 2K, Borderlands and the publisher's holy grail Grand Theft Auto.
This would seem bad news for gamers however given this week's demise of Guitar Hero and True Crime and Activision's reputation for milking popular franchises dry.
- Merry Christmas from Play.tm!
- Microsoft offering some excellent Games With Gold in January
- New Battlefield: Hardline Karma trailer arrives
- Mystery Of The Mooil Rig DLC arrives for Sunset Overdrive
- Destiny registered users approaching 13 million
- STALKER devs GSC Gameworld reopens its doors
- Free game reward for Assassin's Creed: Unity users requires them to reliquish their right to sue Ubisoft
- Respawn wishes Titanfall had been released on Steam
- Team Junkfish's procedural survival horror Monstrum to return to Steam Early Access