Rumour: Is Activision readying a bid for Take-Two?
Rumours are growing that Activision may be preparing a bid to take over rival publisher and Metacritic publisher of the year Take-Two.
An industry insider told MCV this week: "There are very strong rumours amongst people at a very senior level within the global business. But there're not much more than that at the moment they are just rumours. And, of course, given Activision's news this week, everyone is now looking to see what their next move is. But you can definitely put two and two together and make four-ish."
If this proves true, Activision could secure the rights to successful series as wide-ranging as NBA 2K, Borderlands and the publisher's holy grail Grand Theft Auto.
This would seem bad news for gamers however given this week's demise of Guitar Hero and True Crime and Activision's reputation for milking popular franchises dry.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III