Rumour: Is Activision readying a bid for Take-Two?
Rumours are growing that Activision may be preparing a bid to take over rival publisher and Metacritic publisher of the year Take-Two.
An industry insider told MCV this week: "There are very strong rumours amongst people at a very senior level within the global business. But there're not much more than that at the moment they are just rumours. And, of course, given Activision's news this week, everyone is now looking to see what their next move is. But you can definitely put two and two together and make four-ish."
If this proves true, Activision could secure the rights to successful series as wide-ranging as NBA 2K, Borderlands and the publisher's holy grail Grand Theft Auto.
This would seem bad news for gamers however given this week's demise of Guitar Hero and True Crime and Activision's reputation for milking popular franchises dry.
- EA to unveil Star Wars: Battlefront later on this month
- No 2015 launch for Zelda Wii U after all
- Konami continues to purge all references to Hideo Kojima with Silent Hills and Zone Of The Enders
- New Gears Of War title is Xbox One only
- Sony closes the door on PlayStation Home on last time
- StarCraft II: Legacy Of The Void beta invites go out today
- Final Fantasy XIV's first expansion Heavensward will launch in June
- Sony gives the full PS Plus line-up for April
- Before The Fall patch arrives for Final Fantasy XIV today