Harmonix saddened by the demise of Guitar Hero
Harmonix has responded to Activision's cancellation of the franchise they created all the way back in 2005.
The Rock Band studio said that they were saddened by Guitar Hero being cancelled and they wished all the developers concerned all the best for the future.
Community manager at Harmonix, John Drake said: "We were sad to hear yesterday that Activision was discontinuing development on Guitar Hero. Our thoughts are with those who are losing their jobs, and we wish them the best of luck."
He added: "The discontinuation of Guitar Hero is discouraging news for fans of the band game genre. It's been a wild battle of the bands since 2007, but we respect and appreciate all of the hard work and innovation of our peers who have shared the music gaming space with us, and we look forward to rocking in the future."
Thanks Edge Online.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey