Harmonix saddened by the demise of Guitar Hero
Harmonix has responded to Activision's cancellation of the franchise they created all the way back in 2005.
The Rock Band studio said that they were saddened by Guitar Hero being cancelled and they wished all the developers concerned all the best for the future.
Community manager at Harmonix, John Drake said: "We were sad to hear yesterday that Activision was discontinuing development on Guitar Hero. Our thoughts are with those who are losing their jobs, and we wish them the best of luck."
He added: "The discontinuation of Guitar Hero is discouraging news for fans of the band game genre. It's been a wild battle of the bands since 2007, but we respect and appreciate all of the hard work and innovation of our peers who have shared the music gaming space with us, and we look forward to rocking in the future."
Thanks Edge Online.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015