Harmonix saddened by the demise of Guitar Hero
Harmonix has responded to Activision's cancellation of the franchise they created all the way back in 2005.
The Rock Band studio said that they were saddened by Guitar Hero being cancelled and they wished all the developers concerned all the best for the future.
Community manager at Harmonix, John Drake said: "We were sad to hear yesterday that Activision was discontinuing development on Guitar Hero. Our thoughts are with those who are losing their jobs, and we wish them the best of luck."
He added: "The discontinuation of Guitar Hero is discouraging news for fans of the band game genre. It's been a wild battle of the bands since 2007, but we respect and appreciate all of the hard work and innovation of our peers who have shared the music gaming space with us, and we look forward to rocking in the future."
Thanks Edge Online.
- Final piece of Dark Souls II Season Pass DLC arrives on PC and Xbox 360
- CD Projekt RED releases some concept art for Triss and Emhyr from The Witcher 3
- 2K announces the new MyCareer mode for WWE 2K15
- Microsoft skips 9 and goes straight to announcing Windows 10
- Luis Suarez' ban extends into FIFA 15 as well
- Creative Assembly revives the multiplayer for Rome: Total War – Alexander on Steam
- Shadow Of Mordor launch trailer makes the game look suitably epic
- Minecraft for PS Vita heads into final testing
- PlayStation Home to close next year