Brand new publisher Outplay launches in Scotland
Scotland welcomed its latest contribution to the games industry, brand new games publisher Outplay.
Outplay has been founded by industry veterans Doug and Richard Hare with the aim of publishing titles on mobile and social platforms and has been strongly supported by the Scottish Government.
Doug Hare, CEO of Outplay said: "The global games market is changing in a very fundamental but extremely positive way. Over a very short period of time the number of people playing games has exploded and many of those players are demanding that gaming fits into the rest of their lives, whether that means on their mobile devices or as part of their favourite social network."
He added: "Gaming is reaching players all over the world, regardless of the hardware they use, or when and where they want to play. Outplay was founded to cater to this rapidly expanding global audience by taking lessons learned by the games industry over the last three decades and applying them to these new connected, interactive experiences as more and more people around the world discover the joys of gaming."
TIGA's CEO Richard Wilson voiced his support saying: "We are delighted that the Scottish Government is showing its commitment to expanding the Scottish Games Industry. Scotland has created some of the UK's most successful video game exports over the years and continues to play an important role in the success of the industry across the UK."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3