Brand new publisher Outplay launches in Scotland
Scotland welcomed its latest contribution to the games industry, brand new games publisher Outplay.
Outplay has been founded by industry veterans Doug and Richard Hare with the aim of publishing titles on mobile and social platforms and has been strongly supported by the Scottish Government.
Doug Hare, CEO of Outplay said: "The global games market is changing in a very fundamental but extremely positive way. Over a very short period of time the number of people playing games has exploded and many of those players are demanding that gaming fits into the rest of their lives, whether that means on their mobile devices or as part of their favourite social network."
He added: "Gaming is reaching players all over the world, regardless of the hardware they use, or when and where they want to play. Outplay was founded to cater to this rapidly expanding global audience by taking lessons learned by the games industry over the last three decades and applying them to these new connected, interactive experiences as more and more people around the world discover the joys of gaming."
TIGA's CEO Richard Wilson voiced his support saying: "We are delighted that the Scottish Government is showing its commitment to expanding the Scottish Games Industry. Scotland has created some of the UK's most successful video game exports over the years and continues to play an important role in the success of the industry across the UK."
- PlayStation Home to close next year
- New The Evil Within video offers up a survival lesson
- Shadow Of Mordor Season Pass trailer arrives teasing the game's DLC
- Excited about No Man's Sky? Now you can help make it
- Creative Assembly has something cool to reveal after Alien: Isolation is out the door
- Defiance gets renewed by SyFy for a third season
- Deadly Premonition creator's new game D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die not doing so well
- Ion Storm had begun planning Deus Ex 3 when they closed back in 2006
- Bungie closes Destiny's Loot Cave exploit