Blizzard may have 2 games for 2012
The Activision Blizzard financials were not all doom and gloom especially for Blizzard fans with the possibility of a double hit in 2012.
Blizzard COO Thomas Tippl explained to investors that if Blizzard don't manage to release anything in 2011 they will try and make it a double-whammy in 2012.
He said: "Because Blizzard Entertainment has not yet confirmed the launch date for its next global release, our outlook at this time does not include a new game from Blizzard in 2011. Should we not release a major title from Blizzard this year, we would expect for planning purposes to launch a minimum of two Blizzard titles in 2012."
The next releases expected from Blizzard are the Zerg episode of StarCraft II, Heart of the Swarm and the long-awaited dungeon crawler Diablo III.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year