Blizzard may have 2 games for 2012
The Activision Blizzard financials were not all doom and gloom especially for Blizzard fans with the possibility of a double hit in 2012.
Blizzard COO Thomas Tippl explained to investors that if Blizzard don't manage to release anything in 2011 they will try and make it a double-whammy in 2012.
He said: "Because Blizzard Entertainment has not yet confirmed the launch date for its next global release, our outlook at this time does not include a new game from Blizzard in 2011. Should we not release a major title from Blizzard this year, we would expect for planning purposes to launch a minimum of two Blizzard titles in 2012."
The next releases expected from Blizzard are the Zerg episode of StarCraft II, Heart of the Swarm and the long-awaited dungeon crawler Diablo III.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3