Blizzard may have 2 games for 2012
The Activision Blizzard financials were not all doom and gloom especially for Blizzard fans with the possibility of a double hit in 2012.
Blizzard COO Thomas Tippl explained to investors that if Blizzard don't manage to release anything in 2011 they will try and make it a double-whammy in 2012.
He said: "Because Blizzard Entertainment has not yet confirmed the launch date for its next global release, our outlook at this time does not include a new game from Blizzard in 2011. Should we not release a major title from Blizzard this year, we would expect for planning purposes to launch a minimum of two Blizzard titles in 2012."
The next releases expected from Blizzard are the Zerg episode of StarCraft II, Heart of the Swarm and the long-awaited dungeon crawler Diablo III.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO