Blizzard may have 2 games for 2012
The Activision Blizzard financials were not all doom and gloom especially for Blizzard fans with the possibility of a double hit in 2012.
Blizzard COO Thomas Tippl explained to investors that if Blizzard don't manage to release anything in 2011 they will try and make it a double-whammy in 2012.
He said: "Because Blizzard Entertainment has not yet confirmed the launch date for its next global release, our outlook at this time does not include a new game from Blizzard in 2011. Should we not release a major title from Blizzard this year, we would expect for planning purposes to launch a minimum of two Blizzard titles in 2012."
The next releases expected from Blizzard are the Zerg episode of StarCraft II, Heart of the Swarm and the long-awaited dungeon crawler Diablo III.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year