Blizzard may have 2 games for 2012
The Activision Blizzard financials were not all doom and gloom especially for Blizzard fans with the possibility of a double hit in 2012.
Blizzard COO Thomas Tippl explained to investors that if Blizzard don't manage to release anything in 2011 they will try and make it a double-whammy in 2012.
He said: "Because Blizzard Entertainment has not yet confirmed the launch date for its next global release, our outlook at this time does not include a new game from Blizzard in 2011. Should we not release a major title from Blizzard this year, we would expect for planning purposes to launch a minimum of two Blizzard titles in 2012."
The next releases expected from Blizzard are the Zerg episode of StarCraft II, Heart of the Swarm and the long-awaited dungeon crawler Diablo III.
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title
- Battlefield: Hardline beta coming to all platforms next week
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings
- Third and final Life Is Strange development diary arrives ahead of tomorrow's launch of episode one
- Nintendo shows profits despite the Wii U continuing to underperform
- Goetia demo is now live
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 devs confident that Resident Evil 7 will be mind-blowing
- Steam content creators raise more than 50 million USD making hats for Team Fortress 2 and the like