Activision cuts 500 jobs
It's not just big franchises that are falling victim to Activision's big financial chopper there are plenty of jobs going as well.
Activision has announced the "separation" of 500 jobs along with the cuts of franchises like Guitar Hero and True Crime.
Their latest financial filing states: "The plan will result in the separation of approximately 500 employees. The plan is expected to be implemented in the quarter ending March 31st, 2011, resulting in a net pre-tax charge in the first two quarters of 2011, which is expected to total between $35 and $50 million, comprised of severance costs, the costs of other separation benefits and other exit costs."
So far the job cuts include 25 percent of the staff at Vicarious Visions and the closure of both Bizarre Creations and 7 Studios.
Thanks Develop Online.
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year
- Hatred returns to Steam Greenlight