Activision cuts 500 jobs
It's not just big franchises that are falling victim to Activision's big financial chopper there are plenty of jobs going as well.
Activision has announced the "separation" of 500 jobs along with the cuts of franchises like Guitar Hero and True Crime.
Their latest financial filing states: "The plan will result in the separation of approximately 500 employees. The plan is expected to be implemented in the quarter ending March 31st, 2011, resulting in a net pre-tax charge in the first two quarters of 2011, which is expected to total between $35 and $50 million, comprised of severance costs, the costs of other separation benefits and other exit costs."
So far the job cuts include 25 percent of the staff at Vicarious Visions and the closure of both Bizarre Creations and 7 Studios.
Thanks Develop Online.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey