Activision cuts 500 jobs
It's not just big franchises that are falling victim to Activision's big financial chopper there are plenty of jobs going as well.
Activision has announced the "separation" of 500 jobs along with the cuts of franchises like Guitar Hero and True Crime.
Their latest financial filing states: "The plan will result in the separation of approximately 500 employees. The plan is expected to be implemented in the quarter ending March 31st, 2011, resulting in a net pre-tax charge in the first two quarters of 2011, which is expected to total between $35 and $50 million, comprised of severance costs, the costs of other separation benefits and other exit costs."
So far the job cuts include 25 percent of the staff at Vicarious Visions and the closure of both Bizarre Creations and 7 Studios.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015