Activision cuts 500 jobs
It's not just big franchises that are falling victim to Activision's big financial chopper there are plenty of jobs going as well.
Activision has announced the "separation" of 500 jobs along with the cuts of franchises like Guitar Hero and True Crime.
Their latest financial filing states: "The plan will result in the separation of approximately 500 employees. The plan is expected to be implemented in the quarter ending March 31st, 2011, resulting in a net pre-tax charge in the first two quarters of 2011, which is expected to total between $35 and $50 million, comprised of severance costs, the costs of other separation benefits and other exit costs."
So far the job cuts include 25 percent of the staff at Vicarious Visions and the closure of both Bizarre Creations and 7 Studios.
Thanks Develop Online.
- BioShock Infinite: Complete Edition coming this November
- Final piece of Dark Souls II DLC is delayed, new screenshots released to soothe the pain
- Eden Hazard shows off some of his new skill moves from FIFA 15
- Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass comes with a 2.5D standalone adventure set in China
- Saints Row IV modders create a new weapon skin for the Alien SMG in honour of Steve Jaros' departure
- PlayStation TV gets a release date for Europe and the US
- Driveclub gets a white PS4 hardware bundle
- Sony offering up a free online multiplayer weekend on PS4 this weekend
- Sledgehammer promises a reveal of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare co-op mode soon