Activision cuts 500 jobs
It's not just big franchises that are falling victim to Activision's big financial chopper there are plenty of jobs going as well.
Activision has announced the "separation" of 500 jobs along with the cuts of franchises like Guitar Hero and True Crime.
Their latest financial filing states: "The plan will result in the separation of approximately 500 employees. The plan is expected to be implemented in the quarter ending March 31st, 2011, resulting in a net pre-tax charge in the first two quarters of 2011, which is expected to total between $35 and $50 million, comprised of severance costs, the costs of other separation benefits and other exit costs."
So far the job cuts include 25 percent of the staff at Vicarious Visions and the closure of both Bizarre Creations and 7 Studios.
Thanks Develop Online.
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent