Fox News launches an attack on Bulletstorm
Fox News has launched a serious attack on EA and Epic's latest title, Bulletstorm, and video games in general with their latest piece of 'reporting'.
In an article entitled "Is Bulletstorm the Worst Video Game in the World?" Fox News launched a savage attack on video games in general claiming that games can seriously damage children and even linked them to a rise rapes.
Psychologist Dr Jerry Weichman of the Hoag Neurosciences Institute said: "If a younger kid experiences Bulletstorm's explicit language and violence, the damage could be significant. Violent video games like Bulletstorm have the potential to send the message that violence and insults with sexual innuendos are the way to handle disputes and problems."
It gets worse though as author and psychologist Carol Liebermann added: "The increase in rapes can be attributed in large part to the playing out of [sexual] scenes in video games."
The Entertainment Consumers Association chief Hal Halpin was the only defender of the industry in the article saying: "Between a great ratings system, parental controls on the consoles and the major retailers inhibiting the sale of mature-rated games to minors, the matter is really one for parents and adults to consider, individually. I respect the creative rights of game developers to make a game like Bulletstorm in the same way that I appreciate Quentin Tarantino's right to make over-the-top movies like Kill Bill."
It is important to note that the no evidence was given to back up the claims of the experts, Carol Liebermann and Dr Jerry Weichman.
- BioWare's David Gaider moves from Dragon Age to a new secret BioWare project
- Cross-Buy coming to Windows 10 and Xbox One staring with Zen Pinball FX2
- Bungie knew about Destiny's loot cave before launch
- This year's BAFTA Games Awards to stream live on Twitch, watch it here
- Harmonix confirms Rock Band 4 coming to next-gen consoles this year
- Wasteland 2 also coming to the PS4
- Block 'N' Load gets a final launch date
- Elite: Dangerous is a timed exclusive on the Xbox One, PS4 version is coming too
- Phil Harrison rumoured to be leaving Microsoft