Fox News launches an attack on Bulletstorm
Fox News has launched a serious attack on EA and Epic's latest title, Bulletstorm, and video games in general with their latest piece of 'reporting'.
In an article entitled "Is Bulletstorm the Worst Video Game in the World?" Fox News launched a savage attack on video games in general claiming that games can seriously damage children and even linked them to a rise rapes.
Psychologist Dr Jerry Weichman of the Hoag Neurosciences Institute said: "If a younger kid experiences Bulletstorm's explicit language and violence, the damage could be significant. Violent video games like Bulletstorm have the potential to send the message that violence and insults with sexual innuendos are the way to handle disputes and problems."
It gets worse though as author and psychologist Carol Liebermann added: "The increase in rapes can be attributed in large part to the playing out of [sexual] scenes in video games."
The Entertainment Consumers Association chief Hal Halpin was the only defender of the industry in the article saying: "Between a great ratings system, parental controls on the consoles and the major retailers inhibiting the sale of mature-rated games to minors, the matter is really one for parents and adults to consider, individually. I respect the creative rights of game developers to make a game like Bulletstorm in the same way that I appreciate Quentin Tarantino's right to make over-the-top movies like Kill Bill."
It is important to note that the no evidence was given to back up the claims of the experts, Carol Liebermann and Dr Jerry Weichman.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year