The Darkness II revealed by 2K Games
2K Games has revealed that Jackie Estacado will be making a return in The Darkness II some time towards the end of 2011.
Jackie is now the head of the Franchetti crime family after using the power of The Darkness to avenge the death of his girlfriend. He soon finds himself in the middle a full scale mob war in a story penned by comic book writer Paul Jenkins.
This time out Digital Extremes (who are also doing the PC version of THQ's Homefront) have taken over development duties from Chronicles of Riddick developer Starbreeze Studios.
2K Games boss Christoph Hartmann said: "The Darkness II is a well of dark and imaginative violence, and it's a stylized and beautiful nightmare. The Darkness II continues the 2K Games tradition of delivering quality, innovative games that are filled to the brim with atmosphere and deep storytelling. The game takes a unique stance on fighting in the dark versus light. Combined with the arsenal of weapons at Jackie's disposal and the gruesome attacks of the supernatural Demon Arms and Darkness powers, we're proud to announce another title that delivers on our core values of creating games for gamers."
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer