The Darkness II revealed by 2K Games
2K Games has revealed that Jackie Estacado will be making a return in The Darkness II some time towards the end of 2011.
Jackie is now the head of the Franchetti crime family after using the power of The Darkness to avenge the death of his girlfriend. He soon finds himself in the middle a full scale mob war in a story penned by comic book writer Paul Jenkins.
This time out Digital Extremes (who are also doing the PC version of THQ's Homefront) have taken over development duties from Chronicles of Riddick developer Starbreeze Studios.
2K Games boss Christoph Hartmann said: "The Darkness II is a well of dark and imaginative violence, and it's a stylized and beautiful nightmare. The Darkness II continues the 2K Games tradition of delivering quality, innovative games that are filled to the brim with atmosphere and deep storytelling. The game takes a unique stance on fighting in the dark versus light. Combined with the arsenal of weapons at Jackie's disposal and the gruesome attacks of the supernatural Demon Arms and Darkness powers, we're proud to announce another title that delivers on our core values of creating games for gamers."
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year