The Darkness II revealed by 2K Games
2K Games has revealed that Jackie Estacado will be making a return in The Darkness II some time towards the end of 2011.
Jackie is now the head of the Franchetti crime family after using the power of The Darkness to avenge the death of his girlfriend. He soon finds himself in the middle a full scale mob war in a story penned by comic book writer Paul Jenkins.
This time out Digital Extremes (who are also doing the PC version of THQ's Homefront) have taken over development duties from Chronicles of Riddick developer Starbreeze Studios.
2K Games boss Christoph Hartmann said: "The Darkness II is a well of dark and imaginative violence, and it's a stylized and beautiful nightmare. The Darkness II continues the 2K Games tradition of delivering quality, innovative games that are filled to the brim with atmosphere and deep storytelling. The game takes a unique stance on fighting in the dark versus light. Combined with the arsenal of weapons at Jackie's disposal and the gruesome attacks of the supernatural Demon Arms and Darkness powers, we're proud to announce another title that delivers on our core values of creating games for gamers."
- Shovel Knight arrives on PlayStation platforms this week
- Microsoft shows off Spartan Locke in action in Halo 5: Guardians
- Bethesda E3 press conference invites tease everything but Fallout 4
- New Mass Effect details possibly leaked in an online survey
- Phil Spencer promises a first-party-focused E3 offering from Microsoft
- Valve tackles phishing and scamming on Steam by requiring new users spend 5 USD to make use of all features
- Borderlands franchise director leaves Gearbox
- Blizzard announces a release date for Heroes Of The Storm and an open beta too
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May