The Darkness II revealed by 2K Games
2K Games has revealed that Jackie Estacado will be making a return in The Darkness II some time towards the end of 2011.
Jackie is now the head of the Franchetti crime family after using the power of The Darkness to avenge the death of his girlfriend. He soon finds himself in the middle a full scale mob war in a story penned by comic book writer Paul Jenkins.
This time out Digital Extremes (who are also doing the PC version of THQ's Homefront) have taken over development duties from Chronicles of Riddick developer Starbreeze Studios.
2K Games boss Christoph Hartmann said: "The Darkness II is a well of dark and imaginative violence, and it's a stylized and beautiful nightmare. The Darkness II continues the 2K Games tradition of delivering quality, innovative games that are filled to the brim with atmosphere and deep storytelling. The game takes a unique stance on fighting in the dark versus light. Combined with the arsenal of weapons at Jackie's disposal and the gruesome attacks of the supernatural Demon Arms and Darkness powers, we're proud to announce another title that delivers on our core values of creating games for gamers."
- PlayStation Home to close next year
- New The Evil Within video offers up a survival lesson
- Shadow Of Mordor Season Pass trailer arrives teasing the game's DLC
- Excited about No Man's Sky? Now you can help make it
- Creative Assembly has something cool to reveal after Alien: Isolation is out the door
- Defiance gets renewed by SyFy for a third season
- Deadly Premonition creator's new game D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die not doing so well
- Ion Storm had begun planning Deus Ex 3 when they closed back in 2006
- Bungie closes Destiny's Loot Cave exploit