The Darkness II revealed by 2K Games
2K Games has revealed that Jackie Estacado will be making a return in The Darkness II some time towards the end of 2011.
Jackie is now the head of the Franchetti crime family after using the power of The Darkness to avenge the death of his girlfriend. He soon finds himself in the middle a full scale mob war in a story penned by comic book writer Paul Jenkins.
This time out Digital Extremes (who are also doing the PC version of THQ's Homefront) have taken over development duties from Chronicles of Riddick developer Starbreeze Studios.
2K Games boss Christoph Hartmann said: "The Darkness II is a well of dark and imaginative violence, and it's a stylized and beautiful nightmare. The Darkness II continues the 2K Games tradition of delivering quality, innovative games that are filled to the brim with atmosphere and deep storytelling. The game takes a unique stance on fighting in the dark versus light. Combined with the arsenal of weapons at Jackie's disposal and the gruesome attacks of the supernatural Demon Arms and Darkness powers, we're proud to announce another title that delivers on our core values of creating games for gamers."
- Possible dates for the Steam Summer Sale appear online
- Rise Of The Tomb Raider on Xbox 360 doesn't appear in Square Enix's financials for this year
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week with new gear and rewards
- Titanfall developers Respawn won't be at E3 this year
- Destiny: Xur's location and stock for May 28th
- Destiny's Trials Of Osiris declared a success, Bungie bans cheaters
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer