Crytek: Crysis 2 PC version will be a proper PC game
Crytek boss Cervat Yerli has promised PC gamers will get a proper PC experience from the PC version of Crysis 2.
Not only that but Yerli made it clear that the PC version of Crysis 2 would be better because it is a multiplatform title and therefore has a higher budget.
The Crytek chief told Edge Online: "Crysis 2 will have a PC version that's a PC game. Were going to push it as much as the engine can take. It'll be at least as beautiful as Crysis, but the context is different. It's New York. Not a jungle, but an urban jungle. You have to understand that the budget for Crysis was much lower than for Crysis 2. We could spend much more on Crysis 2 because we expected to sell more through multiplatform development. So PC gamers will get a better game out of that; it isn't just take, it's also give. The gameplay has received much more research about accessibility, streamlining and making it more fun, but also making it deeper."
"So every angle is improved. The amount of diligence and production volume weve spent makes it so much better than Crysis," continued Yerli. "In my opinion it's superior from every angle. But this isn't necessarily a game you can't play today, or where you need another two years to max it out. That's not the approach this time. Now, it's more like we want to give you the best PC experience with current high-end equipment. So if you bought the last high-end graphics card, youre going to get a blast out of it. Likewise, the minimum-spec experience will be of a far higher quality than Crysis was."
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year