Crytek: Crysis 2 PC version will be a proper PC game
Crytek boss Cervat Yerli has promised PC gamers will get a proper PC experience from the PC version of Crysis 2.
Not only that but Yerli made it clear that the PC version of Crysis 2 would be better because it is a multiplatform title and therefore has a higher budget.
The Crytek chief told Edge Online: "Crysis 2 will have a PC version that's a PC game. Were going to push it as much as the engine can take. It'll be at least as beautiful as Crysis, but the context is different. It's New York. Not a jungle, but an urban jungle. You have to understand that the budget for Crysis was much lower than for Crysis 2. We could spend much more on Crysis 2 because we expected to sell more through multiplatform development. So PC gamers will get a better game out of that; it isn't just take, it's also give. The gameplay has received much more research about accessibility, streamlining and making it more fun, but also making it deeper."
"So every angle is improved. The amount of diligence and production volume weve spent makes it so much better than Crysis," continued Yerli. "In my opinion it's superior from every angle. But this isn't necessarily a game you can't play today, or where you need another two years to max it out. That's not the approach this time. Now, it's more like we want to give you the best PC experience with current high-end equipment. So if you bought the last high-end graphics card, youre going to get a blast out of it. Likewise, the minimum-spec experience will be of a far higher quality than Crysis was."
- BioWare's David Gaider moves from Dragon Age to a new secret BioWare project
- Cross-Buy coming to Windows 10 and Xbox One staring with Zen Pinball FX2
- Bungie knew about Destiny's loot cave before launch
- This year's BAFTA Games Awards to stream live on Twitch, watch it here
- Harmonix confirms Rock Band 4 coming to next-gen consoles this year
- Wasteland 2 also coming to the PS4
- Block 'N' Load gets a final launch date
- Elite: Dangerous is a timed exclusive on the Xbox One, PS4 version is coming too
- Phil Harrison rumoured to be leaving Microsoft