Crytek: Crysis 2 PC version will be a proper PC game
Crytek boss Cervat Yerli has promised PC gamers will get a proper PC experience from the PC version of Crysis 2.
Not only that but Yerli made it clear that the PC version of Crysis 2 would be better because it is a multiplatform title and therefore has a higher budget.
The Crytek chief told Edge Online: "Crysis 2 will have a PC version that's a PC game. Were going to push it as much as the engine can take. It'll be at least as beautiful as Crysis, but the context is different. It's New York. Not a jungle, but an urban jungle. You have to understand that the budget for Crysis was much lower than for Crysis 2. We could spend much more on Crysis 2 because we expected to sell more through multiplatform development. So PC gamers will get a better game out of that; it isn't just take, it's also give. The gameplay has received much more research about accessibility, streamlining and making it more fun, but also making it deeper."
"So every angle is improved. The amount of diligence and production volume weve spent makes it so much better than Crysis," continued Yerli. "In my opinion it's superior from every angle. But this isn't necessarily a game you can't play today, or where you need another two years to max it out. That's not the approach this time. Now, it's more like we want to give you the best PC experience with current high-end equipment. So if you bought the last high-end graphics card, youre going to get a blast out of it. Likewise, the minimum-spec experience will be of a far higher quality than Crysis was."
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release