Analyst: Expect a GTA V announcement at this year's E3
One analyst is convinced that this year will see the announcement of the next entry in Rockstar's phenomenally popular Grand Theft Auto series.
Sterne Agee's Arvind Bhatia reckons that Rockstar will be announcing their next GTA game at this year's E3.
Bhatia said: "Take-Two (Rockstar's parent company) remains our favorite video game stock over the next 12 months," said Bhatia. "As we have said in the past, we think the company has sustainable annual EPS power of $1.00 per share and, excluding the MLB contract (expires in 2012), $1.35 per share. Our sum-of-the-parts valuation yields values in the $17+ range and is based on the companys strong game portfolio (mostly owned IP) that includes proven titles such as GTA, Red Dead Redemption, Max Payne, Midnight Club, NBA 2K, Mafia, Bioshock, Civilization, Manhunt, Bully, etc. and new/upcoming games including LA Noire and Agent."
In the meantime Rockstar is preparing itself for the release of the latest addition to their impressive IP fold, LA Noire which launches on PS3 and Xbox 360 this May. Max Payne 3 is also expected at some time this year although it is yet to be dated.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year