Analyst: Expect a GTA V announcement at this year's E3
One analyst is convinced that this year will see the announcement of the next entry in Rockstar's phenomenally popular Grand Theft Auto series.
Sterne Agee's Arvind Bhatia reckons that Rockstar will be announcing their next GTA game at this year's E3.
Bhatia said: "Take-Two (Rockstar's parent company) remains our favorite video game stock over the next 12 months," said Bhatia. "As we have said in the past, we think the company has sustainable annual EPS power of $1.00 per share and, excluding the MLB contract (expires in 2012), $1.35 per share. Our sum-of-the-parts valuation yields values in the $17+ range and is based on the companys strong game portfolio (mostly owned IP) that includes proven titles such as GTA, Red Dead Redemption, Max Payne, Midnight Club, NBA 2K, Mafia, Bioshock, Civilization, Manhunt, Bully, etc. and new/upcoming games including LA Noire and Agent."
In the meantime Rockstar is preparing itself for the release of the latest addition to their impressive IP fold, LA Noire which launches on PS3 and Xbox 360 this May. Max Payne 3 is also expected at some time this year although it is yet to be dated.
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12
- Dying Light physical launch outside North America coming end of February with free DLC for all
- Telltale's Game Of Thrones Episode 2 coming at the beginning of next month
- Sony unveils special edition Bloodborne PS4s for Japan