Analyst: Expect a GTA V announcement at this year's E3
One analyst is convinced that this year will see the announcement of the next entry in Rockstar's phenomenally popular Grand Theft Auto series.
Sterne Agee's Arvind Bhatia reckons that Rockstar will be announcing their next GTA game at this year's E3.
Bhatia said: "Take-Two (Rockstar's parent company) remains our favorite video game stock over the next 12 months," said Bhatia. "As we have said in the past, we think the company has sustainable annual EPS power of $1.00 per share and, excluding the MLB contract (expires in 2012), $1.35 per share. Our sum-of-the-parts valuation yields values in the $17+ range and is based on the companys strong game portfolio (mostly owned IP) that includes proven titles such as GTA, Red Dead Redemption, Max Payne, Midnight Club, NBA 2K, Mafia, Bioshock, Civilization, Manhunt, Bully, etc. and new/upcoming games including LA Noire and Agent."
In the meantime Rockstar is preparing itself for the release of the latest addition to their impressive IP fold, LA Noire which launches on PS3 and Xbox 360 this May. Max Payne 3 is also expected at some time this year although it is yet to be dated.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3