Analyst: Expect a GTA V announcement at this year's E3
One analyst is convinced that this year will see the announcement of the next entry in Rockstar's phenomenally popular Grand Theft Auto series.
Sterne Agee's Arvind Bhatia reckons that Rockstar will be announcing their next GTA game at this year's E3.
Bhatia said: "Take-Two (Rockstar's parent company) remains our favorite video game stock over the next 12 months," said Bhatia. "As we have said in the past, we think the company has sustainable annual EPS power of $1.00 per share and, excluding the MLB contract (expires in 2012), $1.35 per share. Our sum-of-the-parts valuation yields values in the $17+ range and is based on the companys strong game portfolio (mostly owned IP) that includes proven titles such as GTA, Red Dead Redemption, Max Payne, Midnight Club, NBA 2K, Mafia, Bioshock, Civilization, Manhunt, Bully, etc. and new/upcoming games including LA Noire and Agent."
In the meantime Rockstar is preparing itself for the release of the latest addition to their impressive IP fold, LA Noire which launches on PS3 and Xbox 360 this May. Max Payne 3 is also expected at some time this year although it is yet to be dated.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year