Analyst: Expect a GTA V announcement at this year's E3
One analyst is convinced that this year will see the announcement of the next entry in Rockstar's phenomenally popular Grand Theft Auto series.
Sterne Agee's Arvind Bhatia reckons that Rockstar will be announcing their next GTA game at this year's E3.
Bhatia said: "Take-Two (Rockstar's parent company) remains our favorite video game stock over the next 12 months," said Bhatia. "As we have said in the past, we think the company has sustainable annual EPS power of $1.00 per share and, excluding the MLB contract (expires in 2012), $1.35 per share. Our sum-of-the-parts valuation yields values in the $17+ range and is based on the companys strong game portfolio (mostly owned IP) that includes proven titles such as GTA, Red Dead Redemption, Max Payne, Midnight Club, NBA 2K, Mafia, Bioshock, Civilization, Manhunt, Bully, etc. and new/upcoming games including LA Noire and Agent."
In the meantime Rockstar is preparing itself for the release of the latest addition to their impressive IP fold, LA Noire which launches on PS3 and Xbox 360 this May. Max Payne 3 is also expected at some time this year although it is yet to be dated.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side