Levine happy with the current console generation
Irrational Games boss Ken Levine has said that he has no desire to see a new generation of consoles arrive just yet.
Speaking as both a developer and a gamer, Levine said that a new console generation was not necessary and he had nothing but good things to say about platforms like Steam.
Speaking on the Irrational Games podcast he said: "At this point I have no desire as a developer and zero desire as a gamer to see the next generation come out where I'm sitting right now."
He added on Steam: "Connectivity exists today on the platforms, and that's definitely the thing I like in a platform like Steam or something. I don't have to worry about that **** - wherever I am, my games are with me, and if I don't have my game with me, I can have it in a few minutes."
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer