Levine happy with the current console generation
Irrational Games boss Ken Levine has said that he has no desire to see a new generation of consoles arrive just yet.
Speaking as both a developer and a gamer, Levine said that a new console generation was not necessary and he had nothing but good things to say about platforms like Steam.
Speaking on the Irrational Games podcast he said: "At this point I have no desire as a developer and zero desire as a gamer to see the next generation come out where I'm sitting right now."
He added on Steam: "Connectivity exists today on the platforms, and that's definitely the thing I like in a platform like Steam or something. I don't have to worry about that **** - wherever I am, my games are with me, and if I don't have my game with me, I can have it in a few minutes."
- Final piece of Dark Souls II Season Pass DLC arrives on PC and Xbox 360
- CD Projekt RED releases some concept art for Triss and Emhyr from The Witcher 3
- 2K announces the new MyCareer mode for WWE 2K15
- Microsoft skips 9 and goes straight to announcing Windows 10
- Luis Suarez' ban extends into FIFA 15 as well
- Creative Assembly revives the multiplayer for Rome: Total War – Alexander on Steam
- Shadow Of Mordor launch trailer makes the game look suitably epic
- Minecraft for PS Vita heads into final testing
- PlayStation Home to close next year