Levine happy with the current console generation
Irrational Games boss Ken Levine has said that he has no desire to see a new generation of consoles arrive just yet.
Speaking as both a developer and a gamer, Levine said that a new console generation was not necessary and he had nothing but good things to say about platforms like Steam.
Speaking on the Irrational Games podcast he said: "At this point I have no desire as a developer and zero desire as a gamer to see the next generation come out where I'm sitting right now."
He added on Steam: "Connectivity exists today on the platforms, and that's definitely the thing I like in a platform like Steam or something. I don't have to worry about that **** - wherever I am, my games are with me, and if I don't have my game with me, I can have it in a few minutes."
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO