Martyn Brown leaves Team 17 after 20 years
Martyn Brown , one of the founders of Worms and Alien Breed studio, Team 17 has announced that he will be leaving the indie developer after 20 years there.
In the his time there Brown has presided over the creation of legendary franchises like Worms and Alien Breed and also helped guide the company away from boxed games sales to completely digital distribution.
Brown said on his Facebook: "I can finally announce that I left Team 17. I had an amazing 20-year ride and whilst its the end of a truly enjoyable period of my life, it equally signals the start of a really exciting new one. My sincere, heartfelt thanks to everyone who helped, in any way, shape or form over those two glorious decades. I leave Team 17 in great shape, but now is time for my own adventure."
From now on, Brown will be working as an independent games consultant.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12
- Dying Light physical launch outside North America coming end of February with free DLC for all
- Telltale's Game Of Thrones Episode 2 coming at the beginning of next month
- Sony unveils special edition Bloodborne PS4s for Japan