Martyn Brown leaves Team 17 after 20 years
Martyn Brown , one of the founders of Worms and Alien Breed studio, Team 17 has announced that he will be leaving the indie developer after 20 years there.
In the his time there Brown has presided over the creation of legendary franchises like Worms and Alien Breed and also helped guide the company away from boxed games sales to completely digital distribution.
Brown said on his Facebook: "I can finally announce that I left Team 17. I had an amazing 20-year ride and whilst its the end of a truly enjoyable period of my life, it equally signals the start of a really exciting new one. My sincere, heartfelt thanks to everyone who helped, in any way, shape or form over those two glorious decades. I leave Team 17 in great shape, but now is time for my own adventure."
From now on, Brown will be working as an independent games consultant.
Thanks Develop Online.
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent