Martyn Brown leaves Team 17 after 20 years
Martyn Brown , one of the founders of Worms and Alien Breed studio, Team 17 has announced that he will be leaving the indie developer after 20 years there.
In the his time there Brown has presided over the creation of legendary franchises like Worms and Alien Breed and also helped guide the company away from boxed games sales to completely digital distribution.
Brown said on his Facebook: "I can finally announce that I left Team 17. I had an amazing 20-year ride and whilst its the end of a truly enjoyable period of my life, it equally signals the start of a really exciting new one. My sincere, heartfelt thanks to everyone who helped, in any way, shape or form over those two glorious decades. I leave Team 17 in great shape, but now is time for my own adventure."
From now on, Brown will be working as an independent games consultant.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year