Martyn Brown leaves Team 17 after 20 years
Martyn Brown , one of the founders of Worms and Alien Breed studio, Team 17 has announced that he will be leaving the indie developer after 20 years there.
In the his time there Brown has presided over the creation of legendary franchises like Worms and Alien Breed and also helped guide the company away from boxed games sales to completely digital distribution.
Brown said on his Facebook: "I can finally announce that I left Team 17. I had an amazing 20-year ride and whilst its the end of a truly enjoyable period of my life, it equally signals the start of a really exciting new one. My sincere, heartfelt thanks to everyone who helped, in any way, shape or form over those two glorious decades. I leave Team 17 in great shape, but now is time for my own adventure."
From now on, Brown will be working as an independent games consultant.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Gears Of War Xbox One remaster looks like it's coming
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III coming this November, skipping last-gen release
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference