Martyn Brown leaves Team 17 after 20 years
Martyn Brown , one of the founders of Worms and Alien Breed studio, Team 17 has announced that he will be leaving the indie developer after 20 years there.
In the his time there Brown has presided over the creation of legendary franchises like Worms and Alien Breed and also helped guide the company away from boxed games sales to completely digital distribution.
Brown said on his Facebook: "I can finally announce that I left Team 17. I had an amazing 20-year ride and whilst its the end of a truly enjoyable period of my life, it equally signals the start of a really exciting new one. My sincere, heartfelt thanks to everyone who helped, in any way, shape or form over those two glorious decades. I leave Team 17 in great shape, but now is time for my own adventure."
From now on, Brown will be working as an independent games consultant.
Thanks Develop Online.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3