MTV Games is no more
In the wake of Viacom's sale of Harmonix, MTV Games is wrapping up their business and closing their doors for the last time.
MTV Games' UK office closed its doors of Wednesday and the New York City office is now only staffed by a skeleton staff to wind the business up.
This marks the shift in Viacom's games strategy which saw it sell off Rock Band and Dance Central developer Harmonix to investment firm Columbus Nova.
The last title produced in association with MTV Games was Rock Band 3 which sold poorly despite being warmly received by the critics.
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes