MTV Games is no more
In the wake of Viacom's sale of Harmonix, MTV Games is wrapping up their business and closing their doors for the last time.
MTV Games' UK office closed its doors of Wednesday and the New York City office is now only staffed by a skeleton staff to wind the business up.
This marks the shift in Viacom's games strategy which saw it sell off Rock Band and Dance Central developer Harmonix to investment firm Columbus Nova.
The last title produced in association with MTV Games was Rock Band 3 which sold poorly despite being warmly received by the critics.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year