MTV Games is no more
In the wake of Viacom's sale of Harmonix, MTV Games is wrapping up their business and closing their doors for the last time.
MTV Games' UK office closed its doors of Wednesday and the New York City office is now only staffed by a skeleton staff to wind the business up.
This marks the shift in Viacom's games strategy which saw it sell off Rock Band and Dance Central developer Harmonix to investment firm Columbus Nova.
The last title produced in association with MTV Games was Rock Band 3 which sold poorly despite being warmly received by the critics.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter