MTV Games is no more
In the wake of Viacom's sale of Harmonix, MTV Games is wrapping up their business and closing their doors for the last time.
MTV Games' UK office closed its doors of Wednesday and the New York City office is now only staffed by a skeleton staff to wind the business up.
This marks the shift in Viacom's games strategy which saw it sell off Rock Band and Dance Central developer Harmonix to investment firm Columbus Nova.
The last title produced in association with MTV Games was Rock Band 3 which sold poorly despite being warmly received by the critics.
- Wasteland 2 gets a final release date
- Hellblade not tied to Heavenly Sword in any way stresses Ninja Theory
- Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare gets a free trial on PC
- Crytek to repair their reputation by making good games
- Microsoft reveals another selection of Forza Horizon 2's 200 cars
- Microsoft insisted on 1080p for Diablo III on the Xbox One
- You want hardcore difficulty? Pillars Of Eternity will delete your savegame when you die
- Destiny writer joins Telltale Game to work on the Game Of Thrones series
- Ubisoft's support for PS3 and Xbox 360 to taper off after 2015