MTV Games is no more
In the wake of Viacom's sale of Harmonix, MTV Games is wrapping up their business and closing their doors for the last time.
MTV Games' UK office closed its doors of Wednesday and the New York City office is now only staffed by a skeleton staff to wind the business up.
This marks the shift in Viacom's games strategy which saw it sell off Rock Band and Dance Central developer Harmonix to investment firm Columbus Nova.
The last title produced in association with MTV Games was Rock Band 3 which sold poorly despite being warmly received by the critics.
- Star Citizen hits 55 million USD in funding and makes the Guinness Book Of World Records
- New PS Vita update brings in Themes
- The Last Team Standing update arrives for GTA Online
- Syndicate spiritual successor Satellite Reign gets a new HD gameplay video
- Last chance to back card-collecting RPG Eminence: Xander's Tales on Kickstarter
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks