3D not important in the near term says EA
During their latest quarterly financial report EA's COO John Schappert said the 3D was not a major priority for them at the moment.
Schappert revealed to investors that their main focus for now was developing their presence in the IPTV and mobile gaming markets.
He began: "While there's no doubt that our industry will have its Avatar, where 3D is a defining aspect of the game... I'm mostly interested, with all the mobile devices that are coming out, in how they're being connected to one another and how the same IP is shared over the top. I think that's actually a bigger driver for EA and the industry in the near term."
The COO added: "I'm more in the camp that IPTV is a bigger idea for gaming, at least in the near term, than 3D. It just provides a better social experience and you know that consumers playing with one another is a very positive and powerful motivator."
Thanks Edge Online.
- Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander passes Square Enix Collective and heads to Kickstarter
- Zombie Army Trilogy shambles onto PC and next-gen consoles
- Sony aiming to release Project Morpheus in 2016
- BioWare's David Gaider moves from Dragon Age to a new secret BioWare project
- Cross-Buy coming to Windows 10 and Xbox One staring with Zen Pinball FX2
- Bungie knew about Destiny's loot cave before launch
- This year's BAFTA Games Awards to stream live on Twitch, watch it here
- Harmonix confirms Rock Band 4 coming to next-gen consoles this year
- Wasteland 2 also coming to the PS4