NBA 2K11 is the fastest-selling 2K Sports title ever
2K Sports seem to have made the most of the cancellation of EA's NBA Elite 11 as NBA 2K11 has become their fastest-selling title ever.
Since its release in October, the Michael Jordan fronted NBA 2K11 has shifted over four million copies propelling it into the publisher's record books.
The title did fairly well with the critics (we gave it a healthy 84 percent when we reviewed it) and was definitely helped by a combination of low retail price in the US (39.99 USD) and the absence of any EA Sports NBA title.
2K Sports' Greg Thomas said: "This game is special to everyone at 2K Sports. When we first landed Michael Jordan for the cover of NBA 2K11, we knew we had to produce a title worthy enough for the greatest player of all time. The number of accolades and sales milestone prove that we lived up to the challenge to create the greatest hoops game ever developed by 2K Sports. Its not only a reverent tribute to His Airness, but a love letter to all the basketball fans whose continued support makes this franchise what it is today."
- Wasteland 2 gets a final release date
- Hellblade not tied to Heavenly Sword in any way stresses Ninja Theory
- Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare gets a free trial on PC
- Crytek to repair their reputation by making good games
- Microsoft reveals another selection of Forza Horizon 2's 200 cars
- Microsoft insisted on 1080p for Diablo III on the Xbox One
- You want hardcore difficulty? Pillars Of Eternity will delete your savegame when you die
- Destiny writer joins Telltale Game to work on the Game Of Thrones series
- Ubisoft's support for PS3 and Xbox 360 to taper off after 2015