NBA 2K11 is the fastest-selling 2K Sports title ever
2K Sports seem to have made the most of the cancellation of EA's NBA Elite 11 as NBA 2K11 has become their fastest-selling title ever.
Since its release in October, the Michael Jordan fronted NBA 2K11 has shifted over four million copies propelling it into the publisher's record books.
The title did fairly well with the critics (we gave it a healthy 84 percent when we reviewed it) and was definitely helped by a combination of low retail price in the US (39.99 USD) and the absence of any EA Sports NBA title.
2K Sports' Greg Thomas said: "This game is special to everyone at 2K Sports. When we first landed Michael Jordan for the cover of NBA 2K11, we knew we had to produce a title worthy enough for the greatest player of all time. The number of accolades and sales milestone prove that we lived up to the challenge to create the greatest hoops game ever developed by 2K Sports. Its not only a reverent tribute to His Airness, but a love letter to all the basketball fans whose continued support makes this franchise what it is today."
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One