NBA 2K11 is the fastest-selling 2K Sports title ever
2K Sports seem to have made the most of the cancellation of EA's NBA Elite 11 as NBA 2K11 has become their fastest-selling title ever.
Since its release in October, the Michael Jordan fronted NBA 2K11 has shifted over four million copies propelling it into the publisher's record books.
The title did fairly well with the critics (we gave it a healthy 84 percent when we reviewed it) and was definitely helped by a combination of low retail price in the US (39.99 USD) and the absence of any EA Sports NBA title.
2K Sports' Greg Thomas said: "This game is special to everyone at 2K Sports. When we first landed Michael Jordan for the cover of NBA 2K11, we knew we had to produce a title worthy enough for the greatest player of all time. The number of accolades and sales milestone prove that we lived up to the challenge to create the greatest hoops game ever developed by 2K Sports. Its not only a reverent tribute to His Airness, but a love letter to all the basketball fans whose continued support makes this franchise what it is today."
- Possible dates for the Steam Summer Sale appear online
- Rise Of The Tomb Raider on Xbox 360 doesn't appear in Square Enix's financials for this year
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week with new gear and rewards
- Titanfall developers Respawn won't be at E3 this year
- Destiny: Xur's location and stock for May 28th
- Destiny's Trials Of Osiris declared a success, Bungie bans cheaters
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer