NBA 2K11 is the fastest-selling 2K Sports title ever
2K Sports seem to have made the most of the cancellation of EA's NBA Elite 11 as NBA 2K11 has become their fastest-selling title ever.
Since its release in October, the Michael Jordan fronted NBA 2K11 has shifted over four million copies propelling it into the publisher's record books.
The title did fairly well with the critics (we gave it a healthy 84 percent when we reviewed it) and was definitely helped by a combination of low retail price in the US (39.99 USD) and the absence of any EA Sports NBA title.
2K Sports' Greg Thomas said: "This game is special to everyone at 2K Sports. When we first landed Michael Jordan for the cover of NBA 2K11, we knew we had to produce a title worthy enough for the greatest player of all time. The number of accolades and sales milestone prove that we lived up to the challenge to create the greatest hoops game ever developed by 2K Sports. Its not only a reverent tribute to His Airness, but a love letter to all the basketball fans whose continued support makes this franchise what it is today."
- Stephen Colbert deconstructs #Gamergate last night with guest Anita Sarkeesian
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet
- Screenshot on the PlayStation Blog points to an Uncharted re-release on PS4
- EA gives a release window for Star Wars: Battlefront