NBA 2K11 is the fastest-selling 2K Sports title ever
2K Sports seem to have made the most of the cancellation of EA's NBA Elite 11 as NBA 2K11 has become their fastest-selling title ever.
Since its release in October, the Michael Jordan fronted NBA 2K11 has shifted over four million copies propelling it into the publisher's record books.
The title did fairly well with the critics (we gave it a healthy 84 percent when we reviewed it) and was definitely helped by a combination of low retail price in the US (39.99 USD) and the absence of any EA Sports NBA title.
2K Sports' Greg Thomas said: "This game is special to everyone at 2K Sports. When we first landed Michael Jordan for the cover of NBA 2K11, we knew we had to produce a title worthy enough for the greatest player of all time. The number of accolades and sales milestone prove that we lived up to the challenge to create the greatest hoops game ever developed by 2K Sports. Its not only a reverent tribute to His Airness, but a love letter to all the basketball fans whose continued support makes this franchise what it is today."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3