Super Mario is coming to 3DS
It should come as no real surprise that Nintendo is planning at least one Super Mario Bros title for their new 3DS handheld console.
Mario creator Shigeru Miyamoto explained on a recent installment of Nintendo's Iwata Asks feature that he was eager to show the world how their 25-year-old plump Italian mascot looks on the 3DS.
Miyamoto said: "So, in the interests of adopting new technology for the Super Mario Bros. tradition, I am now making a new Super Mario Bros game for the Nintendo 3DS system. I want to show everyone as soon as possible what the new Super Mario Bros will be like on the Nintendo 3DS."
It is unclear when Nintendo will reveal exactly what their first 3DS Mario title will entail but hopefully it will be sometime soon.
- PlayStation Home to close next year
- New The Evil Within video offers up a survival lesson
- Shadow Of Mordor Season Pass trailer arrives teasing the game's DLC
- Excited about No Man's Sky? Now you can help make it
- Creative Assembly has something cool to reveal after Alien: Isolation is out the door
- Defiance gets renewed by SyFy for a third season
- Deadly Premonition creator's new game D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die not doing so well
- Ion Storm had begun planning Deus Ex 3 when they closed back in 2006
- Bungie closes Destiny's Loot Cave exploit