Super Mario is coming to 3DS
It should come as no real surprise that Nintendo is planning at least one Super Mario Bros title for their new 3DS handheld console.
Mario creator Shigeru Miyamoto explained on a recent installment of Nintendo's Iwata Asks feature that he was eager to show the world how their 25-year-old plump Italian mascot looks on the 3DS.
Miyamoto said: "So, in the interests of adopting new technology for the Super Mario Bros. tradition, I am now making a new Super Mario Bros game for the Nintendo 3DS system. I want to show everyone as soon as possible what the new Super Mario Bros will be like on the Nintendo 3DS."
It is unclear when Nintendo will reveal exactly what their first 3DS Mario title will entail but hopefully it will be sometime soon.
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch
- New featurette release talking about faithfully recreating the artwork from The Legend Of Korra in the new game
- Sony details PS4 update 2.00, Music player is among the highlights
- Runefest 2014 Runescape's most successful fanfest yet
- Project CARS delayed into 2015 to push it out of the busy Christmas release schedule
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection needs a 20 GB day one update because 343 filled up the 45GB game disc
- SEGA announces the Fox Company pre-order bonus for Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault
- Tim Schafer has finally finished writing Broken Age Act 2
- Pachter reckons GTA V won't sell all that well on next-gen consoles, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare should do well though