Super Mario is coming to 3DS
It should come as no real surprise that Nintendo is planning at least one Super Mario Bros title for their new 3DS handheld console.
Mario creator Shigeru Miyamoto explained on a recent installment of Nintendo's Iwata Asks feature that he was eager to show the world how their 25-year-old plump Italian mascot looks on the 3DS.
Miyamoto said: "So, in the interests of adopting new technology for the Super Mario Bros. tradition, I am now making a new Super Mario Bros game for the Nintendo 3DS system. I want to show everyone as soon as possible what the new Super Mario Bros will be like on the Nintendo 3DS."
It is unclear when Nintendo will reveal exactly what their first 3DS Mario title will entail but hopefully it will be sometime soon.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side