Super Mario is coming to 3DS
It should come as no real surprise that Nintendo is planning at least one Super Mario Bros title for their new 3DS handheld console.
Mario creator Shigeru Miyamoto explained on a recent installment of Nintendo's Iwata Asks feature that he was eager to show the world how their 25-year-old plump Italian mascot looks on the 3DS.
Miyamoto said: "So, in the interests of adopting new technology for the Super Mario Bros. tradition, I am now making a new Super Mario Bros game for the Nintendo 3DS system. I want to show everyone as soon as possible what the new Super Mario Bros will be like on the Nintendo 3DS."
It is unclear when Nintendo will reveal exactly what their first 3DS Mario title will entail but hopefully it will be sometime soon.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3