Super Mario is coming to 3DS
It should come as no real surprise that Nintendo is planning at least one Super Mario Bros title for their new 3DS handheld console.
Mario creator Shigeru Miyamoto explained on a recent installment of Nintendo's Iwata Asks feature that he was eager to show the world how their 25-year-old plump Italian mascot looks on the 3DS.
Miyamoto said: "So, in the interests of adopting new technology for the Super Mario Bros. tradition, I am now making a new Super Mario Bros game for the Nintendo 3DS system. I want to show everyone as soon as possible what the new Super Mario Bros will be like on the Nintendo 3DS."
It is unclear when Nintendo will reveal exactly what their first 3DS Mario title will entail but hopefully it will be sometime soon.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title