Call of Duty: Black Ops First Strike DLC hits Xbox Live today
Today sees the arrival of the first map pack for Call of Duty: Black Ops on the Xbox Live Marketplace.
As per the deal struck between Microsoft and Activision, all DLC for Call of Duty games over the next two years will be a timed exclusive on the Xbox 360 giving owners of the console the first shot at the latest multiplayer maps.
The packs will be available from today for 1200 MS points (around 9.99 GBP) and contains five maps, Berlin Wall, Discovery, Kowloon, First Strike and the zombie level, Ascension.
Treyarch boss, Mark Lamia said: "Our fans mean everything to us so we are thrilled to be able to provide the Black Ops community with exciting new gameplay that will extend their multiplayer and Zombies experiences. The team has given it their all, as we crafted the maps in First Strike while taking into account our community to make sure that this content delivers compelling and unique experiences that will appeal to all different play styles."
If the Modern Warfare 2 DLC is any indication, First Strike should arrive on PS3 and PC in around a month's for a little bit more than the Xbox 360 version, around 10.99 GBP.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3