3DS eShop delayed until May
Initial doubts over whether the 3DS's online downloads store would arrive when the handheld launches have proven true.
Nintendo confirmed today that the 3DS eShop will now not be online until May leaving 3DS early-adopters unable to test out the console's full array of online features.
The eShop was expected to arrive on the 3DS on launch day as a system update but Nintendo president Satoru Iwata told investors recently that the first firmware update for the 3DS "is scheduled for late May, at almost the same time around the world."
This would seem to indicate that the eShop will not be available as a download from launch day after all
Thanks Develop Online.
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent