3DS eShop delayed until May
Initial doubts over whether the 3DS's online downloads store would arrive when the handheld launches have proven true.
Nintendo confirmed today that the 3DS eShop will now not be online until May leaving 3DS early-adopters unable to test out the console's full array of online features.
The eShop was expected to arrive on the 3DS on launch day as a system update but Nintendo president Satoru Iwata told investors recently that the first firmware update for the 3DS "is scheduled for late May, at almost the same time around the world."
This would seem to indicate that the eShop will not be available as a download from launch day after all
Thanks Develop Online.
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today
- Over 2000 developers sign an open letter calling for the community to take a stand against harassment
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times