3DS eShop delayed until May
Initial doubts over whether the 3DS's online downloads store would arrive when the handheld launches have proven true.
Nintendo confirmed today that the 3DS eShop will now not be online until May leaving 3DS early-adopters unable to test out the console's full array of online features.
The eShop was expected to arrive on the 3DS on launch day as a system update but Nintendo president Satoru Iwata told investors recently that the first firmware update for the 3DS "is scheduled for late May, at almost the same time around the world."
This would seem to indicate that the eShop will not be available as a download from launch day after all
Thanks Develop Online.
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC system specifications announced
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergate
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update