3DS eShop delayed until May
Initial doubts over whether the 3DS's online downloads store would arrive when the handheld launches have proven true.
Nintendo confirmed today that the 3DS eShop will now not be online until May leaving 3DS early-adopters unable to test out the console's full array of online features.
The eShop was expected to arrive on the 3DS on launch day as a system update but Nintendo president Satoru Iwata told investors recently that the first firmware update for the 3DS "is scheduled for late May, at almost the same time around the world."
This would seem to indicate that the eShop will not be available as a download from launch day after all
Thanks Develop Online.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey