Black Ops hackers banned in latest PS3 firmware update
Sony's newest firmware update for the PS3 is not just about shoring up the security of the console against piracy it also punishes hackers on individual games.
The official Black Ops forums have come alive with people complaining that they've been banned from playing the game on PSN.
PS3 firmware update 3.56 has implemented several new security measures designed to exclude players caught hacking and cheating in online play.
Rather than banning whole PSN accounts though, Sony has chosen to ban players on a title by title basis which makes more sense given that PSN accounts are free to set up.
Thanks Edge Online.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone