Black Ops hackers banned in latest PS3 firmware update
Sony's newest firmware update for the PS3 is not just about shoring up the security of the console against piracy it also punishes hackers on individual games.
The official Black Ops forums have come alive with people complaining that they've been banned from playing the game on PSN.
PS3 firmware update 3.56 has implemented several new security measures designed to exclude players caught hacking and cheating in online play.
Rather than banning whole PSN accounts though, Sony has chosen to ban players on a title by title basis which makes more sense given that PSN accounts are free to set up.
Thanks Edge Online.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto