Black Ops hackers banned in latest PS3 firmware update
Sony's newest firmware update for the PS3 is not just about shoring up the security of the console against piracy it also punishes hackers on individual games.
The official Black Ops forums have come alive with people complaining that they've been banned from playing the game on PSN.
PS3 firmware update 3.56 has implemented several new security measures designed to exclude players caught hacking and cheating in online play.
Rather than banning whole PSN accounts though, Sony has chosen to ban players on a title by title basis which makes more sense given that PSN accounts are free to set up.
Thanks Edge Online.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015