Black Ops hackers banned in latest PS3 firmware update
Sony's newest firmware update for the PS3 is not just about shoring up the security of the console against piracy it also punishes hackers on individual games.
The official Black Ops forums have come alive with people complaining that they've been banned from playing the game on PSN.
PS3 firmware update 3.56 has implemented several new security measures designed to exclude players caught hacking and cheating in online play.
Rather than banning whole PSN accounts though, Sony has chosen to ban players on a title by title basis which makes more sense given that PSN accounts are free to set up.
Thanks Edge Online.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date