Black Ops hackers banned in latest PS3 firmware update
Sony's newest firmware update for the PS3 is not just about shoring up the security of the console against piracy it also punishes hackers on individual games.
The official Black Ops forums have come alive with people complaining that they've been banned from playing the game on PSN.
PS3 firmware update 3.56 has implemented several new security measures designed to exclude players caught hacking and cheating in online play.
Rather than banning whole PSN accounts though, Sony has chosen to ban players on a title by title basis which makes more sense given that PSN accounts are free to set up.
Thanks Edge Online.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO